Weekend

Reaction score
It has always amazed me how quickly the weather changes in both Ireland and the UK.....how come the breeze never blows its way over to the hotter countries....i know its all to do with the equator and isotherms and blah,blah . What would happen if the world started turning int opposite direction...LOL
When i was in college two years ago my physics/ measurement science teacher told me something big was gonna happen thet would change everything in the world as we know it but wouldnt tell me what....he did mention that the earth is gradually losing its orbit and that the world was getting further and further away from the sun all the time....he said it would be in about 10 years....i never did get hold of him to ask exactly what he was talkin about....
Any ideas folks??
Zzzzz

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
captain zed said:
When i was in college two years ago my physics/ measurement science teacher told me something big was gonna happen thet would change everything in the world as we know it but wouldnt tell me what....he did mention that the earth is gradually losing its orbit and that the world was getting further and further away from the sun all the time....he said it would be in about 10 years....i never did get hold of him to ask exactly what he was talkin about....
Any ideas folks??
Zzzzz

Yes, we've all been abducted by aliens and are currently all being held in tanks containing amniotic fluid and various parts of our bodies are wired to a terminal.

What you are experiencing is not real, it's a simulation.

When your screen goes black and there is silence, this will mean you have been selected for an experiment and you will shortly cease to be.

Your teacher was, in fact, an alien :)

Reaction score
nod.gif
I'm just sitting down to watch the new star trek moov so i reckon i'll be seeing a few aliens alright...i wonder will you be there as the moral booster telling young kiddie aliens tall stories??
nod.gif

Zzzzz

nivrip

Yorkshire Cruncher
Reaction score
captain zed said:
Any ideas folks??
Zzzzz

Was he talking about the poles reversing? It has been suggested that the North Pole will become the South Pole at some point(but I'm not sure how you would tell).

Also not sure what effect this would have on mankind, if any.

Or maybe he was just an alien. ;)

Reaction score
Maybe he was Nivrip, maybe he was.......your suggestion was good although i'd hate to be a pole dancer....what has that got to do with the thread i hear you ask(everybody)...well i was gonna got to a mens club at the weekend but got rostered to work so i had to cancel....rest of me mates had a ball so to speak. Glad i didnt go too. I heard their all aliens at them clubs;)
Zzzzz

Taffycat

Crunchy Cat
Reaction score
captain zed said:
When i was in college two years ago my physics/ measurement science teacher told me something big was gonna happen thet would change everything in the world as we know it but wouldnt tell me what....i never did get hold of him to ask exactly what he was talkin about....
Any ideas folks??
Zzzzz

Hi Zed - well maybe he was into reading articles on the NASA website - here is one from 2006 which you might find interesting Science NASA or, maybe he was interested in the Mayan Calendar Prophesies

The Hopi and Tibetans have also prophesied about what might be in store for Earth's future, as have other ancient cultures. So I'm guessing that your teacher was probably interested in this kind of thing.

There are loads of results if you Google for them, but, an awful lot are just trying to sell their books, of course. ;)

Reaction score
Their are some strange people on this site & that's why i like it some much here!!!
happywave.gif

Rush

Cool Cruncher
Reaction score
By feckit
Their are some strange people on this site & that's why i like it some much here!!!:wave:

Sure are and you are in the top 3 m8 :)

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
I sometimes wonder why we humans have such a fascination with ancient races, civilisations and cultures and their prophecies.

Anybody can make a prophecy, even me, it don't mean a lot though, especially if the prophecy was made when man was in his relative infancy at a time when human sacrifice to a thousand different gods was the norm.

I mean, think about it, I'd rather consider a prophecy made today by scientists with access to sophisticated equipment than from some witch doctor waving a juju stick in an effort to exert his power over his tribe.

Them ancient folks weren't cleverer than us, they just guessed right sometimes :D

Reaction score
Yeah i suppose if enough people make enough prophecies someone's gonna get summat right....i'm really sorry now i didnt hassle that teacher for more info. Then one day i was reading about the Hadron Collider the scientific people are working on and i thought to meself "Is that what he was talking about". It was only me wondering but from what i've read and heard this jobbie is gonna answer a lot of questions and maybe put a few holes (black LOL) in a lot of theory's...we shall have to wait and see.
Zzzzz

Reaction score
Just thought i'd post this as we had all been thinking about it.

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2008/09/05/lhc_to_leave_fabric_of_spacetime_continuum_unripped/

Well folks, i hope you all had a great weekend what with your bank holiday....i had to work most of it but the weather seemed to be a little better than usual. Its still fairly warm now at this latish hour and its been sunny all day. Its a bank holiday in Ireland this weekend and i'll wager it buckets down.
Zzzzz

Ask a Question