Watch Photography - Revisited!

Quadophile

Hon. Acoustical Engineer
Reaction score
I could not resist this beautiful watch when I first came across it just a few days back on the Seiko website. Had to pick it up from the dealer and I was pleasently surprised that the watch in reality was far better looking than what the pictures gave me the impression of. I decided to take pictures just after 3 hours of acquiring it and did my best to make it appear better looking than the pictures available on the net. :D
yeh8va.jpg

yeh8v9.jpg

yeh8vd.jpg

yeh8vb.jpg

yeh8vc.jpg

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
You sure know how to take a good photo Quad! :thumb:

The first one, sat on the clock face is a nice touch. :)

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
oh, nice watch ... ;-)

ah, Seiko ... I like them.

Pic #4 is my favorite one ... good stuff Quad.

:thumb:

Me__2001

Internet Junkie
Reaction score
for someone that does this for fun you are damn good at it, ever thought of being a photographer ?

Quadophile

Hon. Acoustical Engineer
Reaction score
Me__2001 said:
for someone that does this for fun you are damn good at it, ever thought of being a photographer ?

:blush::blush::blush: Thanks for the compliment nice to know they were appreciated.

As for being a phtographer, I am already part of the Photographic Society and regularly mix an mingle with the pro's and publishers. Long time back (maybe 15 years or so) I was approached by one publisher asking me to sell some of my tranparencies that I had shot in Japan, I went ahead with it and sold 4 of them at a resonable price, afterwards I felt guilty of loosing those 4 slides and decided not to sell my pictures to anyone. He did approach me the following year again and I had to turn him down.

One of the editors of a an eveninger saw my pictures at the processing lab a few years back and got in touch with me for publishing those pictures along with an interview covering full page of the newspaper in a. I went ahead with it and was great fun being interviewed and feeling like a celebrity :D I have a hard copy of that newpaper in my collection. ;)

Quadophile

Hon. Acoustical Engineer
Reaction score
muckshifter said:
ah, Seiko ... I like them.

Pic #4 is my favorite one ... good stuff Quad.

:thumb:

I am embarrased to admit that the Seiko you like is actually the second one I got in last 10 days :D I got another Seiko Aviator on 18th of this month, its resting on my wrist in the pic below :p

I am not sure what I am going to do with all these watches I have purchased in the last 6 months, 4 for myself and one each for my son, daughter and wife. They thing I have gone bonkers!

One thing is for sure, The local Seiko dealer (from whom I got 4 this year) is very happy and goes out of his way to show me various designs and discusses the details of the various moements incorporated.

yehahc.jpg

Reaction score
I like the one in post 6 the best it's real nice!

I'm happy with my Fossil Blue (the one on the right)

MW_Multifunction.jpg

Quadophile

Hon. Acoustical Engineer
Reaction score
christopherpostill said:
I like the one in post 6 the best it's real nice!

I'm happy with my Fossil Blue (the one on the right)

Yes the Fossil Blue on the right does look really good and no doubt it is better looking than the one on the left ;)

Chris, I can very well understand why you like the aviator, even my son thinks that the Aviator is a better looking than the Premier. The Premier series is basically more of a dress watch than anything else and also geared towards folks who happen to have silver streaks in their hair ;)

Reaction score
Yeah... Different watches for differen occasions... i'm not too keen on watches that look bare... i like them when they have lots going on... 24h, weekday and date like on mine... :)

Definatly a watch man arent you...

P.s. very interesting article on batteries :)

Quadophile

Hon. Acoustical Engineer
Reaction score
I was asked by someone on another forum for close-ups to show the details on the dial, I thought why not post them here as well, for anyone who cares :)

yehl22.jpg

yehl2s.jpg

Quadophile

Hon. Acoustical Engineer
Reaction score
christopherpostill said:
Yeah... Different watches for differen occasions... i'm not too keen on watches that look bare... i like them when they have lots going on... 24h, weekday and date like on mine... :)

Definatly a watch man arent you...

P.s. very interesting article on batteries :)

Chris,

These watches that I am buying are basically what I would call as "Appetizers" its the Main Course that I am looking forward to which happens to be the one in the photo below, one of these days I'll grab it ;)

Thanks for your feedback on batteries article :)

Attachments

• img10381502854.jpeg
    img10381502854.jpeg
    34.2 KB · Views: 150

muckshifter

Reaction score
OK, is there two second hands ... or did it take a second to take the pic :confused:

;)

Quadophile

Hon. Acoustical Engineer
Reaction score
Mucks,

You are spot on!!! :) Yes the exposure was exactly one second and aperture at 8. The reason is simple, I used ordinary room lighting for the shots and since it was not adequate I had to give it time and the other problem was that if I did not, I would have had too shallow depth of field at wide open apertures which in the case of the watch would have been very unasthetic to look at and disturbing to the eye to say the least.

If you notice the watch is at an angle and with such close range the depth of field is very limited, infact less than an inch!!! :eek: Small apertures are the only option unless you have light as bright as the sun which at midnight was missing from the scene:p

muckshifter

Reaction score
ah ha ... that will explain it, no sun. :D

I like that Seiko Aviator ... very nice. :thumb:

Quadophile

Hon. Acoustical Engineer
Reaction score
Frodo,

That is a very nice you have there :) Could you give some details of the watch movement and its list price?

Ask a Question