Windows Vista Vista Service Pack 1 installation problem

Reaction score
I have tried many, many times to install Vista Service Pack 1. I can download it and it installs to the point where it reboots and tries to do the configuration. Unfortunately it stops when it reaches 8% and tells me that the installaion has been unsuccessful. I have gone so far as to uninstall my firewall and anti-virus and to go into MSCONFIG , Services then hide all Microsoft Services, Disable All and Startup Disable All but without success.

I am working with Microsoft (which provides free help) but thought that perhaps someone else may have some helpful advice.

Reaction score
Hello,

I would keep trying what Microsoft say, if they are unable to help then I'm sure we can try to help.

Welcome to PC Review.

wizkid

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Sounds as if you may have a corrupt download, try downloading it again.

I'm surporised Microsoft haven't suggested that.

It would help, of course, if Microsoft provided an md5 sum checking service for their large downloads.

Reaction score
Thanks! I am following Microsoft's instructions and hopefully they will eventually come up with a solution. Floppybootstomp, they have recommended re-downloading SP1 (eg after removing security, making changes in MSCONFIG, etc.) I've downloaded SP! so many times that I've already used a fair bit of my 7gb monthly download limit!

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Then possibly you have some drivers, software or hardware that clashes with SP1.

Have Microsft asked you those details?

Other than that, I'm clueless :confused:

Reaction score
Format C ha

Best speaking to Microsoft over this really. I'm assuming it is to do with drivers.

Ask a Question