Windows 7 Error on Service pack 1

Reaction score
I have tried to download Service Pack 1 (KB976932 ) and it failed so followed the instructions from Windows Help and downloaded Hotfix for Windows (KB947821). Will I have to re download Service Pack 1 and if so how do I do it as Windows Update will not bring it up again?

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
What error message / code did you get?

Abarb, that will make sod all difference. ;)

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
what V_R said, but also go to Start, Windows Update and 'view update history' link on the left,while you're there, press the button to check for updates ... most of the time updates that fail can be installed eventually. :)

Reaction score
Unfortunately it was my back up the was the problem there must have been a corrupt file that had affected the O S. I realised this after doing a complete rebuild twice and downloading the updates until it came to the service Pack 1 and still the darn thing would not install it that also would not download hot fix KB947821. At that point I nearly picked the PC up and throw it through the window, I realised that it happened after I downloaded my files from the external drive. So now I have started from scratch again and also deleted all the files from the external drive. So I have a lot of work re downloading all my music all 23gigs of it, still it will occupied for a while. The other good news I am back crunching. Thank you guy's for your advice.

Last edited:

Ask a Question