New Version Windows 10

Reaction score
I've received a message which says....
Restart to stay up to date.
Your version of Windows 10 will soon reach the end of service. Restart to install a newer version.

Is this ok to do?
Only I installed a newer version less than a year ago and it took all night and part of the next day and I was concerned that something might go wrong.
Is this really necessary?

Any help or gudance would be useful

Biscuitman

Quadophile

Hon. Acoustical Engineer
Reaction score
@Biscuitman Updating your computer on a regular basis is actually a good thing in the sense that it plugs in the vulnerabilities. Yes, the ideal time is to put it in upgrade mode just before you shut it down for the night. This is what I do on my computer anyway. :nod:

Reaction score
I assume this is legit
DSC_1211[1].JPG

EvanDavis

Silly Fool
Reaction score
In short if you don't do regular updates on your computer you will keep getting this message. What version of Windows 10 are you currently on ? We are on version 20H2 now.

To find out which version of W10 you are running do this. Select the Start button > Settings > System > About

The below image is a list of Windows 10 versions and their end of life date.

Attachments

• version.png
    version.png
    18.4 KB · Views: 122
Reaction score
I'm on version 1919 which has an end date of May 2022 ( a year away) whereas 20H2 has an end date of May 2023.
I assume I should still update?

Reaction score
Just checked my fairly new laptop and that's 1909 too ( typo on previous post) . Not yet received update reminder for that.
Is there a chance it'll get rid of the annoying 'intel optane memory pinning' reminder on my PC?

EvanDavis

Silly Fool
Reaction score
Is there a chance it'll get rid of the annoying 'intel optane memory pinning' reminder on my PC?
No. So long as the Intel software is still installed on your machine you are going to keep on getting remider popups.

Follow THIS link on how to uninstall the software. It really isn't needed.

Reaction score
Before I uninstall the Intel software, can you tell me what it was for, in the first place. Always 'worried' when I start uninstalling or deleting software without a clear picture of it's original intention.
Thanks for all your help BTW.

EvanDavis

Silly Fool
Reaction score
Before I uninstall the Intel software, can you tell me what it was for, in the first place. Always 'worried' when I start uninstalling or deleting software without a clear picture of it's original intention.
Thanks for all your help BTW.
It's bloatware. Software that realy isn't needed. Its only purpose is to remind you to update drivers etc. All of which can be done through Windows Update.

Reaction score
Many thanks ....... I uninstalled the Intel software as instructed - went perfectly and eradicated nuisance popup, then updated my Windows version overnight with no problems.
Not sure what I'd do without you guys on this forum.

Reaction score
I've just got an update alert for intel drivers again!!

......and if I run Dell support assist it comes up with other intel downloads.

Urgent updates​

Intel Management Engine Components Installer 112.46 MB

Dell Inspiron 7777/5477 AIO System BIOS 7.02 MB

Recommended updates
Intel UHD Graphics Driver

426.72 MB

What should I do?

27.20.100.8935​

Reaction score
Bit of a delayed reaction here....should I have got rid of ALL the Intel software? I just uninstalled the individual software to solve the problem of the popup - which it has done.

Ask a Question