Vista is the most amazing OS ever!

C

chris abbott

I hate people who badmouth vista! First of all you dumbs*** linux lovers, there is too many compatability isues whith linux, can't even use my wireless card. Next for the mac people. Macs are too expensive, not enough software runs on them, and the specs on them new aren't too great.Vista has so many great features and is very secure. If it slows your pc down, then you ar stupid and should upgrade parts. if you use vista right and don't mess with it... you will not have one single problem. I know about 20 people personally that run various versions of vista and not one of them has any problems. XP sucks, there is not enough features. For instance, conect to a network projector, uac, mobility center on laptops, BUILT IN WINDOWS UPDATE!(ALL UPDATES)! just to name a few. I highly reccomend that everyone buy vista now.

A

Adam Albright

I hate people who badmouth vista! First of all you dumbs*** linux lovers, there is too many compatability isues whith linux, can't even use my wireless card. Next for the mac people. Macs are too expensive, not enough software runs on them, and the specs on them new aren't too great.Vista has so many great features and is very secure. If it slows your pc down, then you ar stupid and should upgrade parts. if you use vista right and don't mess with it... you will not have one single problem. I know about 20 people personally that run various versions of vista and not one of them has any problems. XP sucks, there is not enough features. For instance, conect to a network projector, uac, mobility center on laptops, BUILT IN WINDOWS UPDATE!(ALL UPDATES)! just to name a few. I highly reccomend that everyone buy vista now.

Thanks so much... you covered many of the points that make MS fanboys
sound like idiots. Let's review:

1. You can't stand to have Vista critiqued, suggesting you are
a closed-minded bigot.

2. You're actually dumb enough to think Vista makes you secure.

3. You hinted that if Vista runs slow, then the user must be
stupid, confirming you have zero knowledge about computers.

4. Next you go into hyper drive making the absurd comment
if you use Vista "right" you won't have any problems, the
exact same crap the resident moron Frank always says but
is disputed even by Bill Gates who recently admitted that
the next version of Windows will be less clunky, bloated
and sluggish.

5. You know 20 like minded fools. Wow, I'm impressed. Not!

6. XP running SP2 or SP3 often runs circles around Vista.

You're such a dummy you don't even know how to spell recommend.

Don't worry, you'll be accepted into the Vista Fanboy club with open
arms. They're always looking for a few more morons. Your MS Fanboy
certificate suitable for framing saying I'm a idiot and Vista Fanboy
will be in the mail shortly. Watch for it.

D

David P

Son, I agree with you that Vista is an excellent OS and I agree with the spirit of much of what you say.

However, like all Windows versions, there are problems for individual users. Yes, sometimes the user has "caused" the problem, but computers are so complicated that it is easy to inadvertently make a mistake. Then there are issues that occur as a result of bad drivers, bad third-party software. And no windows version has been real helpful with its error messages. I've read lots of posts here where I wonder if the poster did some bone headed thing that got him in a fix, even if the poster doesn't say so. Sometimes the poster knows he created the problem and is honest enough to say so. He is simply asking for help.

The problem with your post is that it will draw nuts out of the woodwork and the result will be a long thread filled with insults and foul language. Then there will be yet another thread I will have to treat with a trip to Actions | Ignore Conversion.

Write with complete sentences, use decent punctuation and use civil language. You will never meet anyone on this group face-to-face, but it wouldn't hurt to earn their respect.

Regard,
David P

C

C.B.

Although I think Vista is superior to XP in many ways and I haven't experienced any major problems I wouldn't say that XP sucks. I also use XP and find it to be a very stable OS. I would never buy a MAC because they are overpriced, although MAC is a very good OS. As for Linux, I don't like it due to not being able to run the programs I prefer. However, I wouldn't badmouth anyone because of the OS they prefer to use. Personal preference is personal preference and choice is choice.

C.B.

B

Buddha

If this guy thinks UAC is a good thing, he must be from another planet. One of the forst things I did was find a way to disable that annoyance.

Buddha

Although I think Vista is superior to XP in many ways and I haven't experienced any major problems I wouldn't say that XP sucks. I also use XP and find it to be a very stable OS. I would never buy a MAC because they are overpriced, although MAC is a very good OS. As for Linux, I don't like it due to not being able to run the programs I prefer. However, I wouldn't badmouth anyone because of the OS they prefer to use. Personal preference is personal preference and choice is choice.

C.B.

C

C.B.

If this guy thinks UAC is a good thing, he must be from another planet. One of the forst things I did was find a way to disable that annoyance.

Buddha

C.B.

--
It is the responsibility and duty of everyone to help the underprivileged and unfortunate among us.

I rarely see the UAC prompt because I know how to configure my software. What's your excuse?

C.B.

A

Adam Albright

I rarely see the UAC prompt because I know how to configure my software. What's your excuse?

That lame excuse again?

OK smarty pants, explain how when I've took ownership of ALL my hard
drives and have full permission of everything the moronic UAC without
reason will at times pop up a warning when all I'm doing is trying to
delete a no longer wanted shortcut from my desktop or nags like a
mother-in-law if I want to delete a file, who never left the hard
drive where I was the only one that ever "owned" it.

I'll wait. Knock yourself out.

B

Buddha

I had the same problem, that's why I disabled it. From what I can tell, UAC
is only admired by morons with just enough intelligence to realize that they
need to be protected from themselves.

Buddha

C

csbfd

Adam Albright said:
That lame excuse again?

OK smarty pants, explain how when I've took ownership of ALL my hard
drives and have full permission of everything the moronic UAC without
reason will at times pop up a warning when all I'm doing is trying to
delete a no longer wanted shortcut from my desktop or nags like a
mother-in-law if I want to delete a file, who never left the hard
drive where I was the only one that ever "owned" it.

I'll wait. Knock yourself out.
Taken ownership, When you've taken ownership, not took.

And the problem is taking ownership of everything isn't going to get rid of
UAC. It pops up for a reason. Th reason is you don't have a clue as to what
you're doing.

A

Adam Albright

And the problem is taking ownership of everything isn't going to get rid of
UAC. It pops up for a reason. Th reason is you don't have a clue as to what
you're doing.

OK, I'm calling your bluff fanboy... since you're implying you do know
what you're doing EXPLAIN THE REASON in the above situations that UAC
would pop up. Put your answer right here for all to see I'm sure I'm
not the only one that would love a answer. ===>

S

SPxr

UAC has been kinda useful (for me anyway) while upgrading Norton I about a
day where I was not protected except windows own. In this time someone sent
me an email which I opened (it was from a friend, he was trying to tell me
how unreliable Vista is) and the email happened to contain a virus he made,
a fairly harmless one but still. UAC came up telling me something wanted to
install, I said no as I didnt recognize it and no problem. The same guy
asked me the next day if i had any probs with my laptop, he was surprised
when i said no. UAC only takes 1 click and a decision, i have no problem
with that.

A

Adam Albright

UAC has been kinda useful (for me anyway) while upgrading Norton I about a
day where I was not protected except windows own. In this time someone sent
me an email which I opened (it was from a friend, he was trying to tell me
how unreliable Vista is) and the email happened to contain a virus he made,
a fairly harmless one but still. UAC came up telling me something wanted to
install, I said no as I didnt recognize it and no problem. The same guy
asked me the next day if i had any probs with my laptop, he was surprised
when i said no. UAC only takes 1 click and a decision, i have no problem
with that.

You need a better class of friends.

K

Kevin Young

chris said:
I hate people who badmouth vista! First of all you dumbs*** linux
lovers, there is too many compatability isues whith linux, can't even
use my wireless card. Next for the mac people. Macs are too expensive,
not enough software runs on them, and the specs on them new aren't too
great.Vista has so many great features and is very secure. If it slows
your pc down, then you ar stupid and should upgrade parts. if you use
vista right and don't mess with it... you will not have one single
problem. I know about 20 people personally that run various versions of
vista and not one of them has any problems. XP sucks, there is not
enough features. For instance, conect to a network projector, uac,
mobility center on laptops, BUILT IN WINDOWS UPDATE!(ALL UPDATES)! just
to name a few. I highly reccomend that everyone buy vista now.

You "hate" people who badmouth vista but Linux lovers are dumbs*** and
Mac lovers buy too expensive equipment and XP sucks. LOL

I don't hate Vista, Linux, XP or OS X. What I do however know from
running Vista Ultimate and Ubuntu on the same system is that Vista
performs worse than Ubuntu. You were unable to get your wireless card
working with Linux and several people have had compatibility problems
with different hardware with Vista - so I suspect neither are perfect on
this front.

Since Vista runs slower than Ubuntu on my hardware according to you I
must be stupid and should upgrade parts. I am running both operating
systems on a Lenovo T61p with an Intel 2.4 ghz Core 2 Duo processor, 4
gigs of RAM and Vista is running off a 7200 RPM drive and Ubuntu is
running off a second 5400 drive. The machine has a discrete graphics
card with 256 mb of RAM. So what parts would you suggest stupid me
should upgrade?

I use XP, Vista and Ubuntu on pretty much a daily basis. I would use OS
X too, if I had a Mac. I have been using computers for 20+ years, yes,
I'm an old fart. None of these operating systems are perfect and
someone isn't stupid because they have problems with one or prefer
another. Vista has strengths and weaknesses as do Linux, XP and OS X,
so rather than joining the OS religious war why not just use what works
for you. I enjoy using the strengths of each.

Ask a Question