Vista is the most anoying OS ever ...

Feda

And I hope that MS will fix some of the numerous anoyances that make Vista a
PITA to work with:

1. Vista doesn't remember folder settings.

I open a lot of folders at work every day and I have only 2 or 3 different
layouts that I like my folders to be in. Unfortunately, I have to arange
these layouts for each and every folder. What's even worse, is that these
settings are frequently forgoten by Vista. Nothing like going through 5 or 6
folders and having to change the layout on each and every one of them to get
to one file and doing it hundreds of times every day.

2. No buttons for "New Folder" and "Parent Directory"

Address bar doesn't always display the full path for a file and navigation
to a parent directory can require too many steps to acomplish compared to the
simplicity of clicking on a single button.

I'm one of the many who wasted their money on Vista just to go back to good
old XP and let Vista collect dust. Unfortunatly, I have a Vista machine at
work and have to deal with these petty little anoyances every day.

Gordon

Feda said:
2. No buttons for "New Folder" and "Parent Directory"

What's wrong with Right-click New?
Who needs a button for "parent Directory" when you can click on the Parent
in the Addressbar?

John

I found a few minor annoyances too. They are as follows:

- When I create a new subfolder in a shared network folder, I can't see the
new subfolder. I have hit refresh (F5) to see the new subfolder, select and
rename.

- I can't use any batch commands without triggering UAC (disabling UAC fixes
it)

- Legacy in-house programs run slower on Vista than XP Pro

I had no choice but downgrade to XP Pro. Luckily IBM / Lenovo gives us
downgrade right.

Feda

Right-Click New is slow. "New Folder is much faster and most users of
previous Windows versions are used to it and prefer that method of creating a
folder.

Address Bar doesn't always show the parent.

Gordon

Feda said:
Right-Click New is slow.

So what can you do with about half a SECOND? Jeeeze.....

"New Folder is much faster and most users of
previous Windows versions are used to it and prefer that method of
creating a
folder.

Rubbish. I've always used Right-click. Do you have stats to support your
theory, or are you determined to just not like Vista?
Address Bar doesn't always show the parent.

yes it does.....

Randall Flagg

Vista is the most anoying OS ever ...

It's "annoying"... posters who can't spell are the most annoying
posters ever.
And I hope that MS will fix some of the numerous anoyances that make Vista a
PITA to work with:

It's "annoyance"
1. Vista doesn't remember folder settings.

I open a lot of folders at work every day and I have only 2 or 3 different
layouts that I like my folders to be in. Unfortunately, I have to arange

It's "arrange"
these layouts for each and every folder. What's even worse, is that these
settings are frequently forgoten
It's "forgotten"
by Vista. Nothing like going through 5 or 6
folders and having to change the layout on each and every one of them to get
to one file and doing it hundreds of times every day.

2. No buttons for "New Folder" and "Parent Directory"

Address bar doesn't always display the full path for a file and navigation
to a parent directory can require too many steps to acomplish

It's "accomplish"
compared to the simplicity of clicking on a single button.

I'm one of the many who wasted their money on Vista just to go back to good
old XP and let Vista collect dust. Unfortunatly, I have a Vista machine at
work and have to deal with these petty little anoyances every day.

It's "annoyances"

Posters who don't use spell checkers are the most annoying posters
ever...

Jack

Randall Flagg said:
It's "annoying"... posters who can't spell are the most annoying
posters ever.

It's "annoyance"

It's "arrange"

It's "forgotten"

It's "accomplish"

It's "annoyances"

Posters who don't use spell checkers are the most annoying posters
ever...

Vista has problems - that's old news.
Vista discussion group now requires correct spelling??? - now that's
something I've never heard of.

Beemer Biker

Jack said:
"Randall Flagg" <[email protected]> wrote in message

Vista has problems - that's old news.
Vista discussion group now requires correct spelling??? - now that's
something I've never heard of.

I agree. If some yoyo posts that he upgraded his wife's system to vista
intimate he should get spanked for the miss-pelling.

Joseph "Beemer Biker" Stateson
http://TipsForTheComputingImpaired.com
http://ResearchRiders.org Ask about my 99'R1100RT

ulTRAX

Don't be put off by the Vista Evangelists who seem to think it was handed
down on a slab. There are PLENTY of annoyances in Vista… such as the awful
backward software compatibility. Many of these annoyances are in the new
Vista Explorer such as having gotten rid of the copy/up level/move buttons
AND removing copy/move from the context menu. The latter can be restored with
a registry hack but it's clear that was NOT the intent of MS when they
created this latest file mismanagement system. All I can think of is the
arrogance MS has in forcing this new system on users. It would have been easy
to keep these old options. As for Vista not remembering folder settings...
this is an old problem I also had with ME and XP. And yes there are times
when it does take more work to perform simple tasks than it did before such
as Opens With.

Robert Moir

I'm not a fan of vista either but your subject title just confirms you
haven't used that many operating systems. I can think of several that are
more annoying, some of which are from Microsoft.

Feda

C64
Amiga
Win 95, 98, 2000, xp, Vista

My title may not be 100% accurate but it was intended to draw attention. I
needed a release after a very frustrating few days with the problems I
listed. And those are my main gripes with the OS.
Vista does have a lot of great features, but those silly little problems
that pop up constantly and get ignored by MS are greatly diminishing it's
value.