Re: Laptop Keyboard Gone Crazy

Nil

HP Pavilion G60 laptop
Vista Home Premium

Out of nowhere, my keyboard has literally gone crazy. Almost
every key stroke results in either a different letter, or a random
series of letters/numbers/actions. I actually had to connect an
external USB keyboard just to enter the sfc /scannow command (the
Enter key was whacked out, too). Finally, I just gave up and did a
System Recovery. When it finished, amazingly the problem was
still NOT solved.

Maybe you accidentally changed your keyboard layout. I onced loaned
my laptop to a friend and he changed it to use Dvorak. I had to
change it back to QUERTY.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-vista/Change-your-keyboard-layout

pjp

Dell Christopher said:
Thanks, but I did check that. Some key strokes result in 2 or 3 letter
combinations. For example, when I hit "f", it results in "stf5"!?!?

"Nil" wrote in message

Maybe you accidentally changed your keyboard layout. I onced loaned
my laptop to a friend and he changed it to use Dvorak. I had to
change it back to QUERTY.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-vista/Change-your-keyboard-layout

Sounds like perhaps open it up and clean might be in order, e.g. something
stuck underneath keyboard.

Nil

Thanks, but I did check that. Some key strokes result in 2 or 3
letter combinations. For example, when I hit "f", it results in
"stf5"!?!?

OK. Here's another idea... A while back I accidentally enabled a
Windows "accessiblility" feature that made the keys "sticky". It
would act like you had your finger on the Ctrl or Fn key, which made
the other keys do unexpected things. Here's Microsoft's page on that
feature:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/Windows-vista/Make-the-keyboard-easier-to-use

Ken Springer

Sounds like perhaps open it up and clean might be in order, e.g. something
stuck underneath keyboard.

My thought also.

--
Ken