Re: Remote desktop typing wrong keys

Nepatsfan

I have a Windows XP Pro SP2 system that seems to re-map the keyboard
from a standard QWERTY US 101 keyboard to the strange one displayed in the
enclosed jpg. This occurs AFTER login, because I am able to type both the
username and password without problems. Rebooting the remote system did
not
solve the problem, and the same wrong keyboard mapping occurs when
connecting from a Vista Ultimate SP1 laptop (numlock was not the cause of
the problem) as well as an ancient Windows 2000 Pro SP4 desktop. I need
fix this ASAP, since using the onscreen keyboard is killing my
productivity!

Check the settings on the remote computer to see if it's using a Dvorak
keyboard. Go to Control Panel -> Regional and Language Options and click on
the Languages tab. In the Text services and input languages box, click on
the Details button. Take a look in the Default input language box and see
what keyboard layout is being used. You may need to restart the remote
computer for the changes to take effect.

Good luck

Nepatsfan

Thanks, I thought that was a possibility, but I assumed it wasn't a
Dvorak layout because the keys did not spell out dvorak! The regional
settings are now configured back to US, will see if the setting sticks post
reboot or not. The last time it happened last week, it went away post
reboot.

Morgan che

Hi,

I am wirting to see how evertything is going?

Have this issue been sovled or you need further assistance? please feel
free to let me know.
Sincerely
Morgan Che
Microsoft Online Support

--->From: <[email protected]>
--->Subject: Re: Remote desktop typing wrong keys
--->Date: Mon, 6 Oct 2008 14:18:58 -0700
--->Newsgroups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.general
--->
[...]
--->>>
--->>
--->>
--->> Check the settings on the remote computer to see if it's using a
Dvorak
--->> keyboard. Go to Control Panel -> Regional and Language Options and
click
--->> on the Languages tab. In the Text services and input languages box,
click
--->> on the Details button. Take a look in the Default input language box
and
--->> see what keyboard layout is being used. You may need to restart the
remote
--->> computer for the changes to take effect.
--->>
--->> Good luck
--->>
--->> Nepatsfan
--->>
--->
--->

Issue has been solved and not reoccurred yet, thanks for the follow-up
Morgan Che. Issue closed.