Windows Vista Vista Cannot Connect to Corporate wireless LAN (password is always not correct)

Reaction score
Hello,

I got a new job two months ago. My company need all staff to buy their own computers. Therefore I bought a new Acer laptop computer with Vista installed. My company only provide a corporate wireless LAN for all staff to connect to Internet and company server. Moreover there is no any staff to support our computers, we need to solve all computer problem on our own.

My computer ran very well last month. However after a staff try to help me to set to the LAN printer, my computer cannot connect to Internet then. It always say the password is not correct.

Since all staff do not have any experience with Vista (and also computer actually), they are all using Windows XP. Nobody can solve this problem for a month now. My boss is very angry now and always asking me to buy another new computer or I will be fired any time. Boy.... my salary is very low.... I need to save money for almost a year to buy a new computer. I am very poor and there is no way to buy another new computer.

Can any experts here provide some guidelines how to trouble shoot the problem?

Thanks and best regards

Alex

Reaction score
Any company that makes its staff buy their own computer gear and provide no IT back up in my opinion are not worth working for.

Reaction score
Sooo.... you've got a connection to the printer but not the internet ?
What it really sounds like is that they "screwed" up the WEP/WPA key for the Wireless LAN connection.
Remove it from the list of networks and reset it up... make sure your network configuration has the IPv4 address set to DHCP and not manual.

That should get your internet working again.

I thought there was employment regulations about making staff buy what they need for their job. There's definately regulations about firing someone due to technical issues.... unfair dismissal its called and is enforced by all courts in the EU.

Reaction score
mechanic said:
Any company that makes its staff buy their own computer gear and provide no IT back up in my opinion are not worth working for.
Pity you could not offer something more positive & constructive in your reply!:rolleyes:

Reaction score
Hi all,

Thanks for your help. Frankly speaking, I am an old man. This is not easy to find a job in my local area. I quit my job yesterday since I can do nothing without a computer.

I am afraid that this should be my last job in my life.

Thanks and best regards

Alex

Ask a Question