Which wireless gaming mouse to buy ?

Abarbarian

Acruncher
Reaction score
Am going to fork out for a new mouse and I want a wireless one. Have narrowed it down to these three but am open to any info on other's.

Razer Basilisk X HyperSpeed - Wireless Ergonomic Gaming Mouse

CORSAIR HARPOON RGB WIRELESS

Razer Mamba Wireless

Why, well for some reason my wheel click has become very dodgy and difficult to use reliably. and as this is a very useful feature for a penguin I have to find a new mouse.In linux you can use the wheel click feature to paste which is very handy when using the terminal.

:cool:

Last edited:

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Just to throw another in to the mix, I have the Logitech G502 and I really like it. It's similar to the Razer Basilisk X in appearance (and that's my favourite from your list). Bought it when it was just over £30 last year, so got a really good price :). Would heartily recommend it.

It's going to be "Black Friday" on Amazon soon, so may be worth holding out a couple of weeks, as they nearly always have gaming mouse offers :D.

Quadophile

Hon. Acoustical Engineer
Reaction score
It is unfortunate that the prices of almost everything has gone up due to Covid-19. A lot of stuff is "Made in China" or the internal parts of units made there. I was looking at a Marantz Network player and found out that most stores do not carry it and is back-ordered. I contacted the authorized dealer in Houston and asked him to help me get one. He was a nice guy and came back to me two days later after having communicated with Marantz. According to him, there is no firm date that he could give to me since a lot of parts that go into the unit are from China and there is a big shortage of it.

The situation above applies to many things that are dear or out of stock hence one finds out when shopping that either the thing is not available or is in very short supply and back-ordered.

A couple of months back I ordered a Canon wireless printer model TS5320 and had to wait for almost 2 weeks before one became available and was shipped to me.

Abarbarian

Acruncher
Reaction score
I am going to give the Razer Basilisk X Hyperspeed Wireless Gaming Mouse a go as it seems to have penguin support for the Razer Synapse 3 app that allows some use of the mouses features.

OPEN RAZER

POLYCHROMATIC

What is Polychromatic?
Polychromatic is a set of front-end tools that interface with the OpenRazer daemon. It complements the software with graphical tools to get the most of your Razer device on GNU/Linux, similar to the features found on Razer Synapse.

The application is written in Python, with the Controller application powered by WebKit. There are other tools with similar functionality, such as razerCommander (GTK) and RazerGenie (Qt).

What is OpenRazer?

OpenRazer is a driver and daemon which analyses the protocols used to speak to Razer peripherals to control their lighting and hardware effects. It also exposes an API for scripts and applications (like Polychromatic) to control the devices at a higher level.

The project aims to support the hardware’s features (e.g. DPI and lighting).

The daemon is written in Python, with a DKMS driver for device-specific features like handling macro keys. It is an unofficial implementation and is not endorsed by Razer.

:cool:

Abarbarian

Acruncher
Reaction score
Spent some time searching for the best price and the Razer Basilisk X Hyperspeed was sold out in quite a few sites and holding steady at £59.99 across the board. So after a couple of weeks I found one on Amazon for £50 inc postage. Great i thought and ordered one. Came today and i noticed that Argos have brought their price down to £39.99. Drat !

Anyways I popped in the battery and plugged the wi-fi dongle into the pc and it worked straight away on me Arch set up. So that is neat, I will try out the Razer software later on as am busy at the moment. Neat that it works otb on linux so despite the missed price drop I am a happy bunny.

:thumb:

Ask a Question