Windows Vista How to Fix Limited or No Connectivity? on vista

Reaction score
Hello,
this problem has been driving me mad for months now.
The problem is when on the internet, pages cannot be displayed and the yellow triangle appears at the bottom of the screen, a minute later and it's gone and it's only local connections which mean i cannot connect to the internet at all. Now before you start asking what equipment i am using, here goes!
i had this problem a few months ago with an old computer using XP so i bought a new computer with vista and still the problem is still there, now i have bought a new router (Netgear), new filter and RJ11 cable have even changed ISP and still the problem is there! The computer is about 15 feet away from the router and i have no problems connecting with the laptop from the same place, even my mobile phone faster! My signal strength is good but my speed is 1 Mbps.
i have tried a static IP address still only 1Mbps. i have been reading other peoples comments and have been trying there solutions but still no luck!

The problem is between the computer and the Wireless router but i don't know what’s causing it! I

I have changed Duplex setting, Router channels and TCP/IPv6 still not working. (After trying different this out i restore them back to original settings so i don’t make things worse)

As soon as the new computer was plugged in the problem was there so it can’t be hardware issue.

Reaction score
I can understand your laptop being on wireless but why your main computer if only 15feet away?

You will not get full speeds (of course depending on your supposed download connection) via wireless unless you spend lots of money on a fantastical router.

make sure everything is ok with the access via a ethernet cable connected directly to router first via PC

Is the wireless receiver built into the motherboard or a separate third party card?

Make sure antenna is tight. Putting computer even next to a radiator or close to other metal type surfaces with aerial at rear can cause signal relection issues.

If it is third party hardware it maybe not be seated properly or faulty. Try a different PCI slot.

Some wireless cards have hardware issues with certain motherboards. Look into this, do some research

Last edited:

Ask a Question