Windows Vista Wlan/lan

Status
Not open for further replies.

peahouse05

Dedicated Cruncher
Reaction score
Hi All
Son-in-law has a Sony Laptop. He was on Facebook Sunday when he downloaded a video from a 'friend' - he actually knew this one!
He clicked on the 'add-on' and got a fake Windows web page.
Panicked, and since his Norton was out of date, tried to update it but could not access the Norton website, but he could access other sites.
I took the machine home, used Windows Defender and found Freddy - a password stealer.
Then downloaded Hijackthis to my PC pendrive and used it on the laptop to remove Freddy.
Then tried to it connect to my Netgear wireless router but it had 'limited connectivity' despite detecting three wireless networks and mine at srong signal strength.
Downloaded various free anti-malware programs to my PC and ran them via the pen-drive and A-Squared found and removed -
Trojan.JS.Agent!IK
Virus.Trojan.JS.Fraud!IK
Trojan-Downloader.HTML.FraudLoad!IK
Tried umpteen scans since and found no problem - but both LAN and WLAN fail to connect to the Internet.
First experience with Vista so would appreciate any help. I know I am missing something in this chaos.
Thanks in advance
peahouse05

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ask a Question