Windows XP Remote desktop connection problem

Reaction score
Hi all,

I have really strange problem. I want to connect to one of our company's server on LAN using remote desktop connection, but I received an error message:

"This computer can't connect to the remote computer. This connection was lost due to a network error. Try connecting again. If the problem continues, contact your network administrator or technical support."

This server is runnig Windows 2000 Server, and other colleagues can connect to it (running XP SP3 on their machines).

I can connect to any other server on our LAN using Remote desktop, but all of them are running different versions of Windows than server 2000.

I have XP SP3, anti-virus McAfee VirusScan v 8.0.0.

Is there any suggestion where can be problem and how to resolve it?

Reaction score
matino said:
Is there any suggestion where can be problem and how to resolve it?

:wave: :wave:
Hi Martino

Welcome to the forum...
Simple answer for you..Contact your Network Administrator about the problem..After all it is a work network and thats what they are paid for...

Reaction score
Thanks for advice, but actually I'm network administrator...we are small company, so there is no real network administrator, so I'm doing this job besides my other tasks.

Anyway, I can ping this server, I can access shared folders on this server, other colleagues can connect using RDC, so the problem should be somewhere at my pc.
I found some help to remove some registry entries, but it didn't help.

Nobody has experienced such a problem?

Ask a Question