Windows XP Remote Desktop will not connect

Reaction score
Hello everyone, I am trying to connect my home computer to my office computer using our VPN. I am using the Cisco VPN client to make this connection. The computers are Win XP Pro and the router at my house is a Linksys WRT54G v8.0 The VPN will connect fine, but then when I try and Remote Desktop my office computer, it will not connect. It will just give me an error saying: "The client could not connect to the remote computer. Remote connections might not be enabled or the computer might be too busy to accept new connections. It is also possible that network problems are preventing your connection. Please try your connection again later. If the problem continues to occur, contact your administrator." The checkbox on my computer at the office allows for remote connections and the router is also setup to forward port 3389. Any help will be appreciated.

Ask a Question