Windows XP Need to remove Symantec Corporate Edition

Reaction score
I'm out of ideas! Our office upgraded computer systems and as a small perk allowed us to take our old systems home to use. Very nice of them...except now Symantec Corporate Edition is locked. i cannot change any settings on it, let alone disable it. I tried to install the Norton Uninstall Program, but because i cannot change any settings, i'm not allowed to download the program. I tried deleting it from the add/remove programs, but that didn't work. It comes up with a fatal error and won't remove it. With this program on the computer, I am very limited on what I can do on this computer. I cannot take it back to work and have them remove it because we got new everything at work. Any ideas on how to get rid of it?

crazylegs

Member Extraordinaire
Reaction score
Can you not reformat the drive and reinstall windows fresh without Symantec..

Reaction score
I obviously did something wrong

I followed the manual uninstall process for the symantic. Was very proud of myself. Then went and bought the Norton Antivirus i wanted and started to download it. It was almost done when it told me that it detected the Symantic Corporate Edition and that i should uninstall it before downloading this version!! It is no longer in my programs to install or uninstall, i deleted everything the manual thing said to, but obviously something is still there?? I thought about just reinstalling Windows, but when I got to reading it I got worried because it talked about making sure i knew what all drives and ect...i had so i could reinstall them??? Is it not as simple as popping in the disk and letting it go?

Ask a Question