Windows 8 Removing power point presentation from desktop

Reaction score
Hi all, I've just placed a trial Power Point presentation on to my desktop, now I want to remove it. I have searched to try and find how to remove it, but no luck so far, I would be grateful if someone can tell me how I can remove it from the desktop. I've tried System restore but that didn't remove it. I'm using 8.1. thanks, Roy

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Hi Roy, welcome to the forums :).

Can you please try right-clicking the start button and then select "Programs and Features". You should see a list of all of the apps installed on your PC - you can then select PowerPoint / Office and click the uninstall button to remove it.

Reaction score
Hi Ian, thanks for your quick reply, I may have misled you with my Post, I don't want to uninstall the Power Point prog. itself but just the presentation that I created and placed on the Desktop. I have tried going back to a restore point but that didn't work.

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
My apologies Roy, I misunderstood your post.

I'm still not sure I fully understand the problem - is it an icon for the presentation file on your desktop? If so, can you right click it and select delete?

Reaction score
Hi Ian & Evan, I've found the answer, by clicking on "clear all" in Desktop, I'm now back to my original desktop, I won't be making that mistake again. Thanks Ian for your time, really appreciated, and thanks Evan for your time, much appreciated. Roy

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Good work Roy, glad you found the answer :).

Ask a Question