Suspicious file problem

Reaction score
I am a customer of PlusNet and recently found that they allow me free antivirus download from Mcafee.I have sucessfully downloaded and installed on my laptop.When i tried to do the same on my desktop i ran into a problem.The download would not instal.It suggested that i run Mcafee "getsusp"tool.This showed i had 8 suspicious files on my computer and it seems because of this it woud not instal the anti virus prog.I have run malawaresbytes,iobit malaware,windows malacious software removal tool,avast free anti virus ,avg anti virus.None of these show that there is a problem.But because Mcafee think or say there is a problem it will not instal on my desktop.Can anone point me in the direction i should go.Because if i was to buy Mcafee for my desktop i would suspect it would not instal.

Reaction score
Muckshifter i am not trying to remove Mcafee but instal it.

Last edited:

EvanDavis

Silly Fool
Reaction score
Thans for he reply Evan Davis.I am running windows 10.
Then Windows Defender is all you really need. I haven't run any other anti virus for well over a year now. I use Windows Defender and every couple of months an online scanner and that does the job.

Muckshifter i am not trying to remove Mcafee but instal it.
I think what Mucks is getting at is McAfee is a load of cr*p and you'r better off without it.

Reaction score
An update to my problem. I would seem that i don`t have a problem! It may be my inexperience of computers being of an elderly age.I was not aware that windows 10 provided an anti virus prog to start with or i would not have gone down this route.. I must apologise to you"mucks", i have downloaded and ran the prog from majorgeeks that you suggested. I then thought i would run the "getsusp"prog from Mcafee again.It came up with 6 suspicious files mostly different from previous ones! I then went back to the download link from Plusnet and low and behold it installed the antivirus prog that i probably do not need.I have to thank everyone for there help.

Ask a Question