Windows Vista vista and media player 11

Reaction score
just to let you know about my new comp, and how bad it is too.

I put vista premeum on it, then found it has a problem with media player , like it wont work with anything and crashes , blue page and hell fire if she dont boot. i got a simple solution. dont use it. and get creative player 5.

Works good. also , anyone who has this problem , let me know if you have twin core , net working two or more comps, or have a quad processor. as i believ the media player , as part of a single vista programme is arguing over status between the tasking , as on mine, designated cpu tasking.

And as i was downloading a game talking on a chat room and looking somthing up it went crash. i can do all these tasks on another comp. but as this is split by the quad processer. it then gets dragged together a mess , as the bloody media player wont let go.

If your comp does the tasking thing to keep speed , even if, as i the last time it crashed, just listening to music , if its been filed after a download during another operation , it has to get it through the memory, that it was tasking , hence the same thing a crash.

Tell me if this is jibberish , or you think im onto somthing. BUT GET ANOTHER PLAYER SIMPLE SOLUTION OVER . PATCHES WONT WORK EITHER , UNLESS IT GETS THE PROCESSOR DOMAIN THINGS RIGHT. i believ the problem is because being madia player , it does a range of things too, hence the arguing splitting and crashing.

Also i recently recognise that if you have nvidia cards that come with driver packs with players on them , i wonder if this can be the soundblaster of a problem . that it has to use its default and wants to use the better player as i that comes with the card. just geussing , still like to hear what you have on the subject.

Thanks for the tip Denise. The blue screen , black screen event came up with , not responding , windows has to shut down . windows will not boot , along with you have dll error and , your profile will not load properly ,, Then i gave up , as it would not let me change anything ,so i downloaded the whole thing bit by blessed bit again.

and choose to not let it go near the media player. but hey , the new ones good. what has windows media player got that vista doesnt like??????????

Last edited:
Reaction score
Gosh that is so hard to read you ever heard of paragraphs? :)

What does the blue screen actually say?

Reaction score
psd99 said:
Gosh that is so hard to read you ever heard of paragraphs? :)

What does the blue screen actually say?
I edited the thread Denise , thankyou for the tip. And i left what it said , though not word for word , on the end of the paragraphed edited version. Thankyou again. Danny.

Waynos_Face

New Cruncher
Reaction score
I have Vista Home Premium, a Quad Core CPU and use media player to send movies and what not to my PS3 never had a problem.

Ask a Question