Windows 7 Flash Player problems

Reaction score
Hi, I am at my wits end trying to get Flash Player to work on a mates fujitsu laptop with Windows 7. The laptop was originally loaded with Windows 8 but he never liked it. There was a Windows 7 disc that came with it and he's installed that. It had Internet Explorer 11. I installed Flash Player and it said it was successful I tried the test page and it never worked. It is enabled in manage Add-ons and I have disabled Active X filtering. I have also tried installing in Firefox and a message that I need a plug in appears, when I click the plug in it says Flash player isn't installed. In Programs and features its there as Adobe Flash Player 15 Active X. So it is installed. I have rolled back to Internet explorer 10 and turned off His Avg Anti-virus but it still will not work. I also tried the Flash player uninstaller and cleared all traces with Ccleaner. I have also tried off line installers. I Googled the problem and it seems a common one. I have tried all suggestions with no luck. He's just bought a Tom-tom satnav and he cannot update it without Flash Player. In the forums here there are several members had the problem with XP. I've tried these suggestions with no luck. Can anyone help me please. Thanks

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
yes, it's a common problem with Flash ... IMHO, I'm amazed that virus hasn't been eradicated. :rolleyes:

my advice, as always, uninstall Flash, go to add and remove program and remove any and all versions of it, make sure it's gone completely ... turn off/disable Internet Explorer, install Google Chrome.

Google chrome has it's own Flash, you do NOT need to ever bother with Flash again. :)

If TomTom still says it needs Flash, return the sat-nav as, not fit for purpose.

:user:

Reaction score
Thanks for the advice. Google Chrome was already installed on the laptop but Internet explorer was the Default Browser. I have made Chrome the default and now the Satnav is updating. Thanks again

Ask a Question