virus problem

Reaction score
Hope someone can help, i seem to have got a virus which i cannot remove.I am running windows xp, with AVG free antivirus, and adaware anti spyware, i also have spybot and malwarebytes anti malware.The virus is called Brastk and i have found it in my start up registry, i have tried un ticking it, no good, both spybot and malwarebytes see it during a scan and say it has been removed at the end but it always reappears.I have been told the only way left to remove it is to wipe the computer and start again, i am hoping there is a better way. Thanks

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Try running Malwarebytes when your computer is in safemode, as that should get rid of it apparently :) (make sure it has the latest updates first though).

Reaction score
Thanks Ian, did as you suggested and ran malware in safe mode, thought it had been a success but when restarted in normal mode it reappeared in the start up registry. Any more ideas ?.

Ask a Question