SAS and the HITMAN

tdc

Reaction score
Hi
I am currently using MSE, Malwarebytes as my security tools.
I have been reading up on Super Anti Spyware and Hit man Pro a mate of mine has tried these (free trial) and says that they appear to find more threats than MES and Malwarebytes.
Has anyone got views on these
Thanks

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Stay with what you have.

Any malware or antivirus software is only as good as it's current database which means one day the paid for software looks better, the next day it's the freebie's turn to be top dog.

In other words it varies, there is never a clear winner.

There really is no need to pay for this software, the freebie versions use you as much as you use them, you're a free malware and virus gathering mechanism for them.

All you usually get from paid-for versions is a whole load of fancy looking bloatware and some software can totally take over your machine, clogging it up with unwanted and unneeded data possibly slowing it down. All this in an effort to impress the user as they've paid for it.

McCaffee and Nortons (Symantec) have been amongst the worst culprits, I don't know their current state of play, they may have improved.

Stick with what you have, ignore your friend, he's just trying to justify his expenditure ;) (Assuming he eventually buys the product after the trial expires) You can run the free version of SAS alongside Malwarebytes if you like but only ever use one Antivirus program.

Finally, it's also worth mentioning that trial versions of software may detect data that is neither malware nor virus, could just be cookies, but they want to impress you that they can catch more than the other programs. Don't fall for their bovine waste ;)

EvanDavis

Silly Fool
Reaction score
MSE, MAlwarebytes and Trend Micro Housecall for me. All SAS ever pics up for me is cookies.

Ask a Question