USB Cables

nivrip

Yorkshire Cruncher
Reaction score
My kids bought me a printer and it came without a USB cable, therefore I need one to link to the PC. I have some spare cables but they all have a very small end on them and I assume these are for cameras only.

How many different types of USB cables are there? And is there a "standard" size for printers and does it have a name?

Any help appreciated.

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
The normal USB cables are USB A to B, and USB A to mini B. You happen to have a mini B cable designed for digital cameras and other small devices, you need just a normal USB A to B USB cable.

A small local computer shop is probably your best bet for getting a cheap A to B cable (or ebay), as the cable itself only costs pennies whereas delivery online may cost a bit.

This is the sort you need :
http://www.ebuyer.com/UK/product/88132

Hope that helps :)

Reaction score
nivrip said:
Thanks Ian and Techy.

I'm amazed at how cheap they can be. I seem to remember that they were quite expensive several years ago.

What it is the likes of the big shops IE Pcworld etc charge a fortune but the likes of ebuyer have always been cheap.:nod: Hiya

Ask a Question