Uploading pics to an e-mail.

Reaction score
Hi everyone.

Forgive me for asking a very simple question which you no doubt know. And it`s: how do you upload pics to an e-mail for this forum site. Can some one please explain it to me in simple terms.
Many thanks
historian
icon5.gif

nivrip

Yorkshire Cruncher
Reaction score
Do you mean uploading pics to a post on this site?
If so, scroll down a bit from where you are typing your bit and you will see Additional Options. In there is Manage Attachments which, on clicking, brings up the upload section where you can browse all your pics and upload whichever you want. Make sure that they are not too large as there is a limit on the size of the pic. If it is too large you may have to resize it to get it on the attachment. :wave:

Reaction score
nivrip said:
Do you mean uploading pics to a post on this site?
If so, scroll down a bit from where you are typing your bit and you will see Additional Options. In there is Manage Attachments which, on clicking, brings up the upload section where you can browse all your pics and upload whichever you want. Make sure that they are not too large as there is a limit on the size of the pic. If it is too large you may have to resize it to get it on the attachment.
happywave.gif

Thanks Nivrip.
How do I know if they are to large.And if they are how do I resize them?
historian :wave:

nivrip

Yorkshire Cruncher
Reaction score
The upper limit per pic is 200kb, anything bigger is rejected. You can get the picture size from the picture properties.

If mine are too big I use a free photo programme called Irfanview to resize them but I think just about all photo packages have a resize facility. If you have a photo package on your system it will be under Edit, Image or Options. :wave:

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
As nivrip said.

The recommended maximum width size in pixels for the forum is 800.

Unless the picture is very high quality such as a RAW file resizing to 800 pixels wide will usually bring the pic size to 200kb or less.

Irfanview is free, easy to use and is ideal for resizing pictures, as nivrip said.

Reaction score
Thanks to all who sent me instructions on how to up load pics to an e-mail and then send it on to this forum. So I gave it a try and it worked!

historian
happywave.gif

Ask a Question