Create a icon.

Reaction score
I don't know where to put this question i.e which section,but here goes.
How do I create an icon that gets me straight into the P.C Review page,both on my desktop p.c and my Samsung tablet. At the moment I type out the name of the site,or go to e-mail that pcr sends me to get on site.
Many thanks for any help, but please make it simple ta.

nivrip

Yorkshire Cruncher
Reaction score
Get onto PCR in your usual way and when you're on the opening page of PCR add it to Favourites. You do this by looking at the top of the screen where it says https://www.pcreview.co.uk etc and then look right along that box to the right hand end where you will see a star, usually blue. Left click on the star and you will get a box named Edit Favourite. Where it says Name delete whatever is in there and then type in PC Review. If there's another box called Folder it will have a drop down arrow and if you click on that you will have several options. Choose Other Favourites and click on it and it should appear in the box. Then click Done.

Now, when you want to get onto PCR you should have a Favourites icon or the word Favourites somewhere on your screen and, if you click on that, PCR should appear as one of the options and clicking on that should open up the PCR website. Hope that solves it for you - it looks like a long explanation but if you follow it slowly and carefully it should be fine. :) Any questions, re-post.

Reaction score
Hi nivrip.
Many thanks for your reply,sorry it's taken a while to get back to you.
Well I've tried your advice on my PC with no results what so ever.
Every thing comes up as you describe but with no result,can't find an icon or, what ever, anywhere.
I've just had a new hard drive fitted,it's an ssd and the PC is now running os10.Could that be the reason?

nivrip

Yorkshire Cruncher
Reaction score
Hi historian, if you've just had the new hard drive fitted you may have to start all over again but once you save the website as a Favourite you will be able to retrieve it by clicking the icon that is at the top of every page you see when you're on the internet. Example below showing the Favourites icon.

Favourites4.JPG

This will bring up your own personal list of favourites. Just click on the one you want.

Hope this helps.

Niv

Ask a Question