Setting up TrueNAS frustration

Reaction score
Wow for months and months I have been having issues setting up my NAS server that I built. Following several different tuts on youtube to the letter it will still not allow my to complete the setup for a smb share, create folder etc for sharing.

I have created accounts and pools but I am unable to get any further with the project.
Frustrating is not the word. I have been trying to do this for several months on and off going back to it when I have time. I'm starting to lose my rag.
It is supposed to be simple and straight forward. However either it is not simple and straight forward or I'm a complete idiot and cannot
follow simple instructions off of a screen..

Has anyone got an suggestions of experience with TrueNAS Core 13 RC1?

Many hundreds of pounds worth of drives and other stuff sat here collecting dust

I am even at the point of selling all but the drives and buying a Qnap. I'm sure it would be much easier

Abarbarian

Acruncher
Reaction score
Long shot but it if you ask over at Scotsnewsletter Forums someone may be able to help out. There are some very experienced open source user over there and they are most helpful. :cool:

Ask a Question