Unable to send e-mail

alehn

When trying to send e-mail, this is the error that I am encountering:

The connection to the server has failed. Subject 'test', Account: 'Gatormail
Webmail', Server: 'IMAP.UFL.EDU', Protocol: SMTP, Port: 25, Secure(SSL): No,
Socket Error: 10061, Error Number: 0x800CCC0E

What can I do to fix this?

Also, is there a way to restore all of my e-mails back to my online inbox
from my Windows Mail inbox?

Thank you!

Gary VanderMolen \(MVP\)

Looks like you are running into a port 25 block. When you got that error
message, was your Internet connection being obtained from UFL.edu?
If not, what you experienced is normal. As a general rule, the owner of
the SMTP server you are using must be the same as the entity providing
your Internet connection at that moment.

Let us know if you are sending from home or from a mobile site, and who
the connection provider is. When I get that information from you, I can
provide some workarounds:

Since you appear to have an IMAP account, your online inbox and
Windows Mail inbox should automatically synchronize.

Gary VanderMolen, Microsoft MVP (Mail)

"alehn" wrote in message
When trying to send e-mail, this is the error that I am encountering:

The connection to the server has failed. Subject 'test', Account: 'Gatormail
Webmail', Server: 'IMAP.UFL.EDU', Protocol: SMTP, Port: 25, Secure(SSL): No,
Socket Error: 10061, Error Number: 0x800CCC0E

What can I do to fix this?

Also, is there a way to restore all of my e-mails back to my online inbox
from my Windows Mail inbox?

Thank you!

billy butler

alehn said:
When trying to send e-mail, this is the error that I am encountering:

The connection to the server has failed. Subject 'test', Account: 'Gatormail
Webmail', Server: 'IMAP.UFL.EDU', Protocol: SMTP, Port: 25, Secure(SSL): No,
Socket Error: 10061, Error Number: 0x800CCC0E

What can I do to fix this?

Also, is there a way to restore all of my e-mails back to my online inbox
from my Windows Mail inbox?

Thank you!

Gary VanderMolen \(MVP\)

I'm assuming your home Internet connection is not being supplied by UFL.edu.
That means your home ISP will block any attempt for you to use a port 25
server other than their own.

According to the University of Florida, you should be using port 587, see
http://help.gatorlink.ufl.edu/config.html

In Windows Mail, go to Tools, Accounts, select that account, Properties,
Advanced, then change port 25 to 587 Also, on the Servers tab make sure
you have "My server requires authentication" option enabled.
The complete setup instructions are here:
http://www.circa.ufl.edu/cd-rom/version8/email/windowsmail.htm

Gary VanderMolen, Microsoft MVP (Mail)

"alehn" wrote in message
I am sending from a home site. The connection is wireless on a Linksys router.