Windows mail can'[t send or receive

Shantal ferro

I can not send and receive any e-mail.. these are the errors that keeps
giving me.
What seems to be the problem?

The connection to the server has failed. Account: 'pop-server.socal.rr.com',
Server: 'pop-server.socal.rr.com', Protocol: POP3, Port: 110, Secure(SSL):
No, Socket Error: 10061, Error Number: 0x800CCC0E

The connection to the server has failed. Subject 'test', Account:
'pop-server.socal.rr.com', Server: 'SMTP-server.socal.rr.com', Protocol:
SMTP, Port: 25, Secure(SSL): No, Socket Error: 10061, Error Number: 0x800CCC0E

Gene K

This is a guess solution only! Change your POP server setting to
"pop.server.socal.rr.com" (less the quote markers) AND change the other
(outbound) to "smtp.server.socal.rr.com" (again less the quotes) and try
again. Also it is unusual to reflect Secure Socket Layer (SSL) for ordinary
E-Mail processing.
Gene K

Shantal ferro said:
I can not send and receive any e-mail.. these are the errors that keeps
giving me.
What seems to be the problem?

The connection to the server has failed. Account:
'pop-server.socal.rr.com',
Server: 'pop-server.socal.rr.com', Protocol: POP3, Port: 110, Secure(SSL):
No, Socket Error: 10061, Error Number: 0x800CCC0E

The connection to the server has failed. Subject 'test', Account:
'pop-server.socal.rr.com', Server: 'SMTP-server.socal.rr.com', Protocol:
SMTP, Port: 25, Secure(SSL): No, Socket Error: 10061, Error Number:
0x800CCC0E

Start here and look for instructions on whether you are, for example,
using the right servers for your area:

<http://help.rr.com/AA/rrwho.aspx?ReturnUrl=/HMSLogic/email_help_topic.aspx?topic=E+mail&topic=E+mail>

Gene K

Gary,
Why not, since it is a legitimate attempt to solve his problem? My "guess"
was based on the fact that he reflected a "dash (-) rather than a "dot" (.)
in his E-Mail Server addresses. Unusual in my experience.
Gene K
Pleasedon'tpost"guess"solutions.

--
Gary VanderMolen, MS-MVP

"Shantal ferro" Shantal (e-mail address removed)> wrote in message
Ican notsendandreceiveanye-mail..thesearetheerrorsthatkeeps
givingme.
Whatseemstobetheproblem?

Theconnectiontothe server has failed. Account:
'pop-server.socal.rr.com',
Server: 'pop-server.socal.rr.com', Protocol: POP3, Port: 110, Secure(SSL):
No, Socket Error: 10061, Error Number: 0x800CCC0E

The connection to the server has failed. Subject 'test', Account:
'pop-server.socal.rr.com', Server: 'SMTP-server.socal.rr.com', Protocol:
SMTP, Port: 25, Secure(SSL): No, Socket Error: 10061, Error Number:
0x800CCC0E

Gary VanderMolen

The dash character is perfectly legitimate, and happens to be what
RoadRunner uses.