Unable to Restart System Restore

On trying to start system restore in services.msc,

Error msg:- Could not start system restore on local computer error 5 access
denied

Can anyone help ???

Bert Kinney

Hi Towism,

View the event logs to investigate System Restore service errors.
To do this, follow these steps:
Go to Start - Run and type eventvwr.msc and press enter
Click the Source tab to sort by name, and then look for "sr" or
"srservice." Double-click each of these services, and then evaluate
the event description for any indication of the cause of the problem
at the time of the error. Post the Source and EventID.

You can also look here for more troubleshooting tips. Feedback is
always welcome.
System Restore Failures to restore
http://home.earthlink.net/~mvp_bert/html/srfail.html

Hi Bert

thanks for your reply, searched eventvwr found 2 possibilities
source - service control manager - EventId 7023 &
source - srservice - EventId 104 checked this one at MS Help&support but no
info in databse

regards towism

Bert Kinney said:
Hi Towism,

View the event logs to investigate System Restore service errors.
To do this, follow these steps:
Go to Start - Run and type eventvwr.msc and press enter
Click the Source tab to sort by name, and then look for "sr" or
"srservice." Double-click each of these services, and then evaluate
the event description for any indication of the cause of the problem
at the time of the error. Post the Source and EventID.

You can also look here for more troubleshooting tips. Feedback is
always welcome.
System Restore Failures to restore
http://home.earthlink.net/~mvp_bert/html/srfail.html

Bert Kinney [MS-MVP DTS]
http://dts-l.org/
On trying to start system restore in services.msc,

Error msg:- Could not start system restore on local
computer error 5 access denied

Can anyone help ???

Treeman

towism said:
On trying to start system restore in services.msc,

Error msg:- Could not start system restore on local computer error 5
access
denied

Can anyone help ???
Does your computer have a scsi or raid controller on the mobo?
Treeman

Bert Kinney

Hi Towism,

Reinstalling System Restore and see if that helps.
Open Windows Explorer and navigate to the windows\inf folder. Find
the sr.inf file, right click on it and select Install.
Test System Restore.

Bert Kinney [MS-MVP DTS]
http://dts-l.org/

Bert Kinney said:
[...]

Tried to re-instal sr.inf but i have no cdrom to insert when asked for,
computer was gift from uncle and came with pre-installed software, factory
reset cdrom, but no Windowsxp cdrom

towism wrote:
On trying to start system restore in services.msc,

Error msg:- Could not start system restore on local
computer error 5 access denied

Can anyone help ???

Bert Kinney

Hi,

The file you are looking for is "sr.sy_". Do a search of the hard
drive and the recovery CD for this file. If found, rerun the sr.inf
and browse to it.

Bert Kinney MS-MVP Shell/User

:

towism wrote:
On trying to start system restore in services.msc,

Error msg:- Could not start system restore on local
computer error 5 access denied

Can anyone help ???

Joined
May 29, 2011
Messages
1
Reaction score
0

towism wrote:
> On trying to start system restore in services.msc,
>
> Error msg:- Could not start system restore on local
> computer error 5 access denied
>
> Can anyone help ???

Hi

I tried to system restore in my system by typing services.msc and on the system restore i right clicked and tried to start but it says "Could not start the system restore services on local computer. erro 1053: the service did not respond to the start or control request in a timely fashion." as there is no status for the system restore service and tech scheduler, both gives the same error when tried to start.

and i tried to go into eventvwr.msc and searched for sr related files but could not find any with those.

I tried installing the sr.inf file and restarted the system but still not able to system restore on my system. it says the same error " System Restore
>is not able to protect your computer. Please restart your computer, and then run
>System restore again "

I am not able to go into internet and thats why i am trying to system restore as when i go into network connections folder there is 0 files in the folder. not sure what is the exact problem. when i shut down my system i get some messages like "closing network connections" but i am not connected to internet as i dont have any files in the network connections folder.

And when it reboots get an error message "RUNDLL - error loading c:\windows\ihezoweq.dll. The system module could not be found."

let me know if anyone can help in this issue.

Thanks

:mad:LY :confused: