Ultimate Supercar Track Day

Reaction score
So I just got back from Bruntingthorpe Proving Ground.

It's my 21st this year, and my uncles 40th so we decided to do a track day together.

I went for the "Ultimate Supercar" package which consists of 3 laps in each of the following:

Lotus Elise
Porsche 911
Ferrari F355
Subaru Impreza WRX

And a Karting session.

To top it off, everyone taking part is scored out of 40 on each of their drives and then given an overall score out of 40 at the end of the day. The winner got a trophy.

I'd never driven on a track before, and I loved it.

Some people will probably be quite taken aback by what i'm about to say...but... I think I enjoyed the Impreza the most! The Ferrari was alright, but not as fun. The Elise was great - very noisy and the Porsche was just as you would expect - well built and would do anything without much complaint, in comfort.

I enjoyed all 4 cars thought. Went to the presentation at the end and to my utter disbelief, it was announced that out of all 20 participants, I was the highest scoring (38.5 out of 40) and got the trophy - I flippin' won!

I didn't forsee that happening - most drivers were significantly older than me and I assumed they would be better!

The instructor in the Elise said to me "You should drive on a track more often as you have some serious potential. This was an excellent drive!"

Top day! I'll post up the photo's soon :)

Reaction score
You should take up F1.

I am a bit surprised you chose the Impreza over them all!! Lotus is one of my favourite cars they got a special place in my heart with their games on the Amiga 500.

Reaction score
The Elise was a great car, don't get me wrong - but the Impreza was just as quick and handled seemingly as well and it was easier to get in and out of and the pedals weren't so close together!

Reaction score
christopherpostill said:
The instructor in the Elise said to me "You should drive on a track more often as you have some serious potential. This was an excellent drive!"

:)

I've done 2 bike frenzies there for a photoshoot for Performance Bikes and driven my brothers Skyline around the place..Awesome...If you think the Elise was good, you wanna drive the Lotus Exige...Like the Elise on steroids...Hey and if abn instructor tells you you have serious potential, then get on track...Track days are fun, and don't have to cost a bomb...Did you get any pics..?

Reaction score
I did get some pics - I don't know if there are any of me as thats down to the photography skills of my little sister... but I got loads of photos of some other cars, including the ones I actually drove.

I think I hit around 130Mph on the straight in the F355 (speedo was broken though) and just about maxed out the Elise at 120ish.

I'd love to do it more often but they really are expensive though. Today's was on offer at £230 + £25 insurance waiver!

Reaction score
yikes that is a lot of money but I bet it is cheap. How much does it normally cost?

Reaction score
psd99 said:
yikes that is a lot of money but I bet it is cheap. How much does it normally cost?

That is quite a good price for the selection of cars they had..Youu can get them a lot cheaper though..All dependant on what track it is held at, and what cars you drive....I have seen days out on track in Ferrari Enzo's offered for as little as £180 for the day..

Reaction score
I reckon I would be able to pay that know any places near West London that you can do that at?

Reaction score
psd99 said:
I reckon I would be able to pay that know any places near West London that you can do that at?

Closest race track to London is Siverstone..And tyhat unfortunately is one of the expensive ones..

Reaction score
lol nahh I've heard of that and I can't afford to go there. tis like playing football in Wembley!

Waynos_Face

New Cruncher
Reaction score
The Impreza being four wheel drive and the noise of the as you race through the gears is awesome though, i had a Misubishi Evo 5 for about 2 years, sold it when i joineed the Army, same as Impreze really.

Last track day i did was at Thruxton, drove a 360 Modena and a Dodge Viper SRT, nice..

Fastest i've ever driven a car was 174mph (according to Satnav) on thew Autobahn when i was in the army in germany, Porsche GT3.

Reaction score
You were in the Army? Wow that must have been an interesting experience what was it like?

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Would love to see some pics Chris if you get a chance :)

Reaction score
Subaru Impreza WRX are now being used by the Police for fast pursuit driving.
nod.gif

Great cars to drive, but not good on fuel, floor it and you soon see the needle dropping fast.

Track days are fun & done in a safe driving environment fast driving can be fun, glad you enjoyed the day Chris.:thumb:

PS. Dont your Police Force have any fast ANRP cars like the Subaru?

Ask a Question