24 hrs from D-Day

Rush

Cool Cruncher
Reaction score
Wednesday will decide if our great football team , kicks off its shackles of mediocrity and becomes a yet again national major trophy hope ???

Gone hopefully are Mr McClaren picking his team solely on who`s wage packet is biggest and who dictates the choosing.. step asides messr`s

1. Beckham
2. Gerrard
3. Ferdinand
4. Lampard

for once thanks for injuries...:p

and lets play people that care about the badge..

1 Richards
2 Carragher ( given up though) :( for Ferdinand
(these 2 stand out)... jury out for David Bentley...good as he is dont get over-confident sunshine :p

Peeps to come back ...RB G.Neville !!! as good as you were gaz Micah scored a goal m8 :thumb:

Gareth Barry was good and if you look at the Aston Villa team that beat Chelsea count the English youth (under 24) that played that sunday ...there were 5

In summary Russia may be good , but our hands were tied and even Mrs McClaren could pick 11 to succeed ..

Come on England.... 3-0 (my prediction)

Rush

Cool Cruncher
Reaction score
It keeps coming

Vs Israel we played the raw English way ...attack attack attack

Robinson nowt to do
Richards comfortable on the ball and a major threat from set pieces
Cole needs to get forward more
Terry Captain solid
Ferdinand Lucky to be there ( should play more as a sweeper)
Cole busy and got a great left peg
Gerrard excellent....but dont take a left footed (Barry) free kick ..chill
Barry overlooked and under estimated
Wright-Phillips desire and hunger ...the English way
Owen Natural born killer
Heskey does the job ..strong , holds up but is a crap finisher, any goal a bonus..

;)

Reaction score
Good to see Wright Phillips playing both for Chelski and England. He is a constant threat and has been playing well recently. I think I am beginning to understand why Jose sold Robben now.

In the last game he was the best player for me and Heskey for the first 30 minutes came close.

The Russians will be difficult to beat, don't see it being 3-0.
They will be very physical and remember they don't need to win. They will probably sit back and then his us on the counter attack. I think Hiddink is a good manager and would have a very deceiving game plan.

The key man will probably be Gerrard. By the way I don't think Gareth Barry is that great, I would play Micheal Carrick over him. But at the same time I would prefer Barry over Lampard for sure.

My prediction is going to be 2-1 to England.

NEXT PLEASE! :)

Rush

Cool Cruncher
Reaction score
Dont say i didnt tell you so...

England 3-0 Russia

ahhh