Titanfall

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
http://www.titanfall.com/

Prepare for Titanfall

Crafted by one of the co-creators of Call of Duty and other key developers behind the Call of Duty franchise, Titanfall is among the most highly anticipated games of 2014, having been shrouded in mystery for nearly three years. The visionaries at Respawn have drawn inspiration from their proven experience in first-person action gaming, and are building on that pedigree by taking a new approach to game design and creating an all-new universe with Titanfall.

Fast-Paced Advanced Combat

The advanced combat techniques of Titanfall give you the freedom to fight your way as both elite assault Pilot and fast, heavily armored Titan.

"The Titan moves with speed and grace normally reserved for general infantry and handles like an extension of the Pilot himself, holding a weapon in a first-person view." - Game Informer
The Future of Online Multiplayer

Introducing the experience that combines fast-paced multiplayer action with the dramatically charged moments of a cinematic universe.

"A next-generation competitive multiplayer title that blurs the lines between traditional online shooters and single-player campaign." - Game Informer

I played a bit of the closed beta this weekend, its alright, its 'fun' not amazing and if anything i think it got a bit over hyped. good for a quick game here and there. Still prefer BF4 though. :D

Available via Origin. Sorry Flops et al.

Some PC Footage from Jackfrags.

Some 'raw' PC Footage.

CSB

Reaction score
My future Nephew's in-law are excited about this title for their Xbox One. Is it a bit over hyped? Of course, but them all games are prior to release otherwise sales would drop lol.

Looks different. Anyone planning on getting it when available via Steam?

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
I played the beta, Its 'ok' Yes i'd say it was over hyped.

Only on Origin. I would consider it if it was a tenner.

CSB

Reaction score
Must have read Steam from somewhere else. Origin. Think I only have 4 games on that right now.

Not that original really is it. How many other mech shooter style games in the past. I certainly wouldn't pay more than a tenner for it either and the only games I have were Crysis 3, Max Payne 3, Mafia 2 and a few others. if you shop around you can usually save up to a tenner, especially by using the best price dvd site comparison tool.

My brother has just bought himself the Asus 780 Direct cu ii 3GB card. I can't upgrade anything on mine as I just don't have the cash. I might just wait another year or two and build another new system and use my current rig for back/up/general use.

He's in catering and has also been increasing his collection of knives which arn't cheap. Who would know how many different types they use in resturants.

Last edited:

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Just a heads up for anyone whos buying this digitally...

Its about a 50Gb Download!! 35Gb of that is just audio files...! :eek:

Even on my FTTC connection that gonna take a while.

and yes you can VPN to play early.

CSB

Reaction score
eeekkk! too. It's a short game then lol. Well it could be actually after saying that.

I felt like I played Max Payne 3 and it was over quicker than Christmas dinner. I still love number 2 the best but I can't get it to run on my system. I did originally but the screen was stretched and I couldn't seem to get it back to its right ratio. Anyway as I said, I re-installed it recently a few times and it won't even launch now no matter what.

TitanFall. The sequal should be called TitanBalls and the prequel, TitanCalls Home :lol:

Still looks like a good game. I'd have to compromise on settings most likely, although I'll wait until it comes down in price.

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Have I ever mentioned I don't like EA/Origin? Why yes I think I have, once or twice ;) What brought this on? Yesterday I decided to play some Crysis 3 for 1st time since January (bear with me) and Origin updated. Fairy nuff but then I had to log in again - now where's that damn password? :mad: Gaaaaah - I hate EA.

Anyhow, I took a look in their store and noted Titanfall prices:

Vanilla version....................................................£45
Deluxe version....................................................£60
Season Pass.....................................................£20

So if you want the whole gubbins you're going to be £80 poorer.

Deluxe version probably means an extra weapon, a few extra skins, music soundtrack and a few digital postcards.

Season Pass is EA asking for twenty quid up front to sell you the parts of the game they held back from the initial release so they could squeeze even more cash from you. Tis true CoD Ghosts done pretty much the same thing I suppose but that just makes Infinity Ward/Activision/whoever total scumbags as well as EA.

So, what's the deal with this Titanfall? Decent single player or heavily focused on multiplayer?

BF2 can now be had for around a fiver in some parts btw, how long before Titanfall can be snapped up for considerably less than £80.00?

CSB

Reaction score
Hit the nail on the head there Flops.

Looks like I won't be playing it for quite some time lol. That's one thing I'll never do, even for the most wanted games, is paying extra after the game has been released just so you can play the game how it should be played. It's why I don't like playing World of Warcraft because I don't think you should have to pay a monthly fee to play online.

Last edited:

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
lol, yeah its silly expensive on Origin. Amazon or somewhere is far cheaper. :)

Get it via Mexican Origin store and its about 27 quid for the lot. ;)

CSB

Reaction score
Whats peoples' views on this now that they had a good chance to play on it? Good and the Bad. Flaws or any great things which other games have failed to deliver before?

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Dunno, not got it yet. But from what i've read is is alright, I can see it havin a short life though...

If you can get it cheap then maybe its worth it. but I will probs pass....

Ask a Question