The PCReview 'Show Us Your Desktop Background' Thread

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Windows 7 has an accessory named The Snipping Tool which can be found in Start/All Programs/Accessories.

You can use that to capture all of your screen or whichever parts you like and then save that picture by pressing the floppy drive icon in The Snipping Tool.

Ideal posting size for forum pix is 800 - 900 pixels wide and pictures can be resized in Photoshop if you have a version of that or free software The Gimp. I believe pix can also be resized in Irfan, another free graphics software program.

Though I notice the new Forum software automatically resizes pictures now if they're too big.

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Easiest way i know is as follows...

- Download and install Irfanview (good for all sorts not just posting your desktop. :p )
- Hit Print screen (Upper right of keyboard)
- Open Irfanview and hit CTRL and V to paste image.
- Hit CTRL + R to bring up the image resize option. Choose a max of 1000 pixels wide, (This is for people with smaller screens and or slower internet speeds.) Then hit OK.
- Press S to save as JPEG or PNG.
- Attach to your post using the Manage attachments Button, providing it isn't more than 200kb's - Or you could use ImageShack or TinyPic
- Paste the code provided, for example....

[*IMG]http://img413.imageshack.us/img413/3962/screencapturehu.png[/IMG*]

(Minus the * at each end)

Will produce this...

screencapturehu.png

Reaction score
Here is Mine from my favorate place Las Vegas:thumb:

Attachments

• The strip Las Vegas.jpg
    The strip Las Vegas.jpg
    224 KB · Views: 228
Reaction score
What you ole boys gotta remember is if I dont have them to see I'll never find the links otherwise:lol:

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Latest...

SP1 installed but themed again. Gotta change Start Orb but need to retake ownership of explore....

desktop.png

EvanDavis

Silly Fool
Reaction score
desk-1.png

My new desktop back ground. Think I got the image from Deviantart. Not to sure, can't remember. Got the HTC style clock from Deviantart thugh, that I do remember. LINK

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Thread revival!

My latest.... (Hmmm, seems its not actually changed much! lol)

4tjywo.png

Wall
Gadgets with HUD Time and Weather Centre
Theme is Blend 2.0

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
And three of mine are still the same, the Win 98 one now has a Deathsmiles desktop which is possibly a bit pervy so I ain't posting it, lol

Ask a Question