some help PCReview has been....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Thanks to the many thousands of MS Word users who couldn't help me with my simple question regarding calculated fields in a Word 2007 form.

For the record, I've tried and failed to resolve the problem myself and can report the following:

1) You need to structure your document as a template NOT a Word 2007 docx

2) Do not include a Table of Content in your document or it will fail to calculate

Unless you can tell me otherwise, this approach seems the most appropriate.

What a totally wasted effort it has been to expect the resources of PCReview to be able to assist me with an MS Office issue. Oh well, I will leave it to you guys to message each other about what your doing tonight and other mind blowing chat.....

Pipwit

crazylegs

Member Extraordinaire
Reaction score
Oh sorry Pipwit that we couldn't help you, PCReview doesn't have a massive userbase, we are just a small UK based forum that tries to help the many that visit here looking for advice, unfortunately we don't have the expertise to help everyone that visits on every subject, but we do our best to offer advice on what the members know here..

I do hope you find the advice you are looking for and maybe try Microsofts own knowledge base.:nod:

nivrip

Yorkshire Cruncher
Reaction score
Well, good riddance to you, you ungrateful **********

We do try our best but, unfortunately, we do not know the answer to every question in the Universe. If you found the answer by other means then why did you trouble this very small group of people with your question.

Perhaps your user name should be Dimwit.

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Pipwit, your words accurately portray the kind of person you are. And though it's regrettable you didn't find the help you were looking for at this site it does please me as you clearly don't deserve anybody's help.

Looks like your comments were posted to inflame, which in my book makes you a troll. What was that you said? Message each other about what we're doing tonight? Do me a favour you pathetic little twerp, just go back to doing something worthwhile in your life - like your homework.

And if you're not comfortable with Word, try Libre Office, so much simpler.

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
As much as i want to rip it out of you, i shall refrain...

However i will say this, if you had posted in the correct sub forum in the first place you may well have had more luck with replies. General discussion is, well, just that, general discussion, like what we're doing tonight, maybe if you could grasp the simplicities of a forum you would get a better response to your question...... ;)

I suggest you try the newsgroup section for this kind of query, the guys there really know their stuff.

https://www.pcreview.co.uk/forums/newsgroups-f150.html

Abarbarian

Acruncher
Reaction score
What a totally wasted effort it has been to expect the resources of PCReview to be able to assist me with an MS Office issue. Oh well, I will leave it to you guys to message each other about what your doing tonight and other mind blowing chat.....

Pipwit

You are a rather rude little chap.If you had bothered to use GOOGLE (that is a search engine) then you may have found the answer to your question.

aar2293Y.png

breakfast.gif

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Well, it was a real shame to see this thread - we do our best on here. It looks like you had some suggestions in your thread, but if there were no further ones then I guess then no-one here knew the answer. Making sarcastic threads like this doesn't reflect well on you or the site - so I'm locking it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ask a Question