The Christmas 2015 thread

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Show what Christmas means to you, whatever you like as long as it's Yuletide themed :)

As it's that Christmas, Solstice, Midwinter time of year I thought I'd best put up my Christmas Tree:

146.jpg

153.jpg

Becky

Webmistress
Reaction score
Show what Christmas means to you, whatever you like as long as it's Yuletide themed :)

I'm not going to lie, I tend to get a lot more excited about New Year than Christmas :D This year it's a Roaring Twenties party, should be good fun.

The things I enjoy about this time of year are seeing friends, and making / eating lots of nice food. Yesterday I made a festive Bakewell tart, with homemade spiced cranberry jam and clementine frangipane. YUM! We're seeing my brother and his girlfriend tonight and I'm making Beef Wellington, which I'm very excited about :D

Reaction score
Disgraceful, never thought I would see Floppybootstomp starting a Christmas Thread & before the 24th!!:nod:

Bah Humbug to you all.....................................................

May you all have a quiet & peaceful Christmas and New Year where ever you are. xxx

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
I'm not going to lie, I tend to get a lot more excited about New Year than Christmas :D This year it's a Roaring Twenties party, should be good fun.

The things I enjoy about this time of year are seeing friends, and making / eating lots of nice food. Yesterday I made a festive Bakewell tart, with homemade spiced cranberry jam and clementine frangipane. YUM! We're seeing my brother and his girlfriend tonight and I'm making Beef Wellington, which I'm very excited about :D
Nom. Food sounds good!

...as does the party!

Becky

Webmistress
Reaction score
Nom. Food sounds good!

It worked out really well! Ian can't eat mushrooms so I used pate in the Beef Wellington instead and it was yummy. Managed to have hot red meat in the middle, which was delish. Pastry could have done with being more cooked mind, but I wouldn't have wanted the beef more well done.

...as does the party!

I'm super excited :D I'll be sure to post some photos afterwards!

Ask a Question