TFTs ANY GOOD FOR GAMES ??????

Reaction score
HI,CAN ANYONE TELL ME WHETHER THE AOC LM720A TFT MONITOR WILL BE ANY GOOD FOR GAMES ???? I AM THINKING OF BUYING SOON,AS I SEE THE REPONSE TIME IS 25/30 MS,AND I BELIEVE THAT IS GOOD.ANY HELP APPRECIATED :confused:

Reaction score
Hardcore gamers will say no, as the quality and refresh rate isn't as good as a standard CRT, and I tend to agree.

The only TFTs I'd even consider using at this point would be the Apple displays. Oh god.... mmmmmm

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
If you are only going to be playing casual games, then it will be fine - but if you are a hardcore gamer, CRT's will be the only option for now. I have the Hercules 720 LCD, with a 25ms delay - I find it more than comfortable in games, with very little "ghosting" (then again, I am a casual gamer!)

Reaction score
hi,i am a hardcore gamer,and tend to agree with you.i have decided that although the technology is good,it's got a way to go yet.maybe something will turn up next year. :brow:

Reaction score
Hi,now that would be gaming heaven ! I'm waiting for Xmas,getting an Xbox,you'd think at my age,38,i'd have better things to do,but i already have a home cinema setup,so an Xbox will fit in superbly.Just think,Medal of Honor,in 5.1 Digital sound,on a 32in widescreen tv !!!! :D

Reaction score
haha,

sounds good, I already have a pc setup with 5.1 sound playing medal of honor. I love that game, i've just got the expansion pack too... YAY.

Somehow though i can't see the xbox version being as good as the pc one. FPS are best suited to pc's i reckon.

Ask a Question