Talking about Games

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
I have Horizon Forza 3 racing game for the Xbox One and think it's very good indeed.

They recently published an expansion pack based on the toy-maker Mattels Hot Wheels where you get to race hot rod type cars round sections of plastic orange and blue tracks so for £16.74 I bought it.

And it's good, great fun, high speed, track boosters, loop the loop - toy time!

However, I found out this evening it's possible to get completely stuck if, for instance, you don't enter a banked curve fast enough, that's it - you come to a halt and can't get going again. There is no reset button. I managed to do this twice in a 40 minute session and the only way to get going again is exit the game completely and start again.

Thinking about it, the Hot Wheels expansion is pretty much like the PC Trackmania series, which is reasonably priced and in my opinion more stable than the Hot Wheels Forza 3 expansion.

The Hot Wheels is, however, great fun.

Oh, and to start Hot Wheels you get one car and it does look very much like to get extra cars you'll need to make in-app purchases. This not confirmed yet but if true, bit of a poor show.

Right now I have at least three good reasons to quite dislike Microsoft.

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
I'm a big fan of the Forza series. FM6 and FH3 are great. I also have the Hot Wheels DLC, but haven't played it yet, I kinda want to finish Blizzard Mountain first.

Do you play FH3 on the PC Flops? If you can run it all maxed out (and iirc your PC should be able to) it looks stunning. :)

Forza Motorsport 7 will be play anywhere (like FH3, play ion XB1 or PC) and it will be great!

While we're talking games, I'm still enjoying Player Unknown's Battlegrounds on Steam. A great game and can be really tense sometimes!

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
I also like the Forza series a lot, I currently have Horizon 2 & 3 and Motorsport 5 & 6.

I didn't go in for Blizzard Mountain as I read the reviews and they all agreed you have to be good at drifting in the game and I am definitely not much cop at drifting in Horizon 3, there's a bucket list challenge for drifting I just haven't been able to complete.

I can't play FH3 on PC as I bought it on DVD not realising to play on PC it had to be the download version. That's one of the reasons I've got the hump with MS a bit atm.

And as I've mentioned elsewhere, even though I bought the download version of Gears Of War 4, I'm no longer able to play it on PC in Windows 10 for some reason (annoyed with MS #2 ;) ).

I just hope I have better luck with FM7.

Abarbarian

Acruncher
Reaction score
I can live with that :D

I wrote this in an earlier post here:

The Japanese fella who dreamed this up must make his tea from herbal infusions gathered in Grannys unusual organic garden, it's really quite odd.

Found time to look at this game on Steam. From the video clip it looks just like a anime episode from a series, except you get to interact. I'll be looking out for it in the sales at some time.
Good find folks.

:cool:

Ask a Question