Swiftech H2O-220 Compact temp problems?

Reaction score
Im just finishing my new gaming rig, and have not even installed windows yet. I got the system to POST, and had a look in the BIOS, under the hardwear tab, and the CPU temp is 35 degrees C. This is idle with out windows even installed.

Is this not a bit high!?

Ive tried the fans (for the radiator) both ways, and only 2 degrees C difference. It is mounted horizontally in the top of my case.

Any help/advice?

CPU = E8400
MoBo = P5Q Deluxe
HDD = Samsung Spinpoint 750Gb
Cooling = Swiftech H2O-220 Compact
Memory = 2x2Gb OCZ Reaper HCP
Power = Be Quiet! Dark Power Pro 650W
Case = Coolermaster Cosmos S

Adywebb

Growing old....
Reaction score
I don't think its that high even for a compact water system, although I would expect temps with fans at full to be about 10-12C lower than a top aircooler - however make sure the waterblock is fitted correctly and there are no air bubbles in the pipes and then get your OS on and wait and see what sort of temps you get under full load.

crazylegs

Member Extraordinaire
Reaction score
Well what with the temps outside getting silly at the moment its 29c in the house at the moment I wouldn't worry too much..

Reaction score
I believe the temps. are fine. Watercooling should only cool your rig close to room temperature.

Reaction score
Ive used real temp and core temp. Core temp says 45 degrees C, and real temp says 35 degrees C.

But the test on real temp reports '0 sensor movement' for both cores, which its says would be a result of the sensor(s) being stuck?

Whats the best way to solve that problem then :?: :(

Adywebb

Growing old....
Reaction score
Ok, firstly there are problems with many of the E8400 CPU onboard sensor diodes - it is a known bug which seems to effect alot of the new Intel 45nm CPU's....there is nothing you can do about it other than try another chip.

Secondly CoreTemp incorrectly reports the Tjmax as 105C, whereas Realtemp correctly reports it as 95C - hence the 10C difference in the calculation.

I assume you are using Realtemp V2.60?

Download and run Speedfan and see what temps you get with that and report back.

Also when reporting the temps can you say whether this is at stock or overclocked and whether it is at idle or both cores under full load please :thumb:

Ask a Question