Alternative to ASUS P5K WI-FI Premium AP MOBO

Reaction score
Alternative to ASUS P5K WI-FI Premium AP MOBO

Hi guys,

I bought all the components as recommended in the CUSTOM PC UK MAG for a gaming PC, and have had no post from the ASUS WIFI AP MOBO so had to RMA and the second from a different shop is the same issue - power to fans and LEDS but no post.

Now I have given up and want a better DDR2 capable board with onboard LED error Post display as my P182 case doesnt come with a speaker, and also would be useful to allow me to overclock my Q6600, and also support my OCZ Reaper 1066MHZ DDR2 4GB RAM memory, as well as my other components.

Note my power supply is only 650W, and I am running the new ATI Sapphire Radeon 4870 card as well.

Can someone please help as after 7 weeks I am at my wits end with my first build.

And yes I have tried to test every possible scenario on the board but if you have anything new to help me check feel free to drp me a note.

My spec is below.

Asus P5K Premium WiFi

CPU Q6600

4GB of OCZ PC2-8500 Reaper

BeQuiet Dark Power Pro 650W

Creative X-FI Xtreme Gamer

Samsung Spinpoint F1 750GB Hard Drive

P182 Case

Samsung DVD drive

Samsung 2232BW Monitor

Sapphire HD4870 graphics card

Many thanks in advance.