standby does not work

G

Please help !!! some time ago my computer crashed unfortunately i lost everything anyhow i had to completely restore my system with the cd's that came from dell to include windows xp home edition . ever since then every time i try to shut down i get the three options in the window saying ....standby.....shutdown......restart.... the problem is the standby button is not "lit" only shutdown and restart are. however, when i first turn my computer on and get to the screen that you click on for each users personal setting the standby works from there as long as you do not click on a users button. any and all help would be greatly appreciated. thank you

R

roger

Hi,

Please help !!! some time ago my computer crashed unfortunately i lost everything anyhow i had to completely restore my system with the cd's that came from dell to include windows xp home edition . ever since then every time i try to shut down i get the three options in the window saying ....standby.....shutdown......restart.... the problem is the standby button is not "lit" only shutdown and restart are. however, when i first turn my computer on and get to the screen that you click on for each users personal setting the standby works from there as long as you do not click on a users button. any and all help would be greatly appreciated. thank you

You need to install all the drivers for your hardware. Go to Device
manager and check if any device has a yellow triangle with an
exclamation sign.
Check the CDs you have and see which one has drivers that you might
need.

Good luck

Ask a Question