Speed restriction warning from BT

Reaction score
mucks.jpg

Taffycat

Crunchy Cat
Reaction score
I think BT are "top heavy" with too many little "teams" at work, so that the left hand doesn't know what the right is doing :mad:

If we are plugging, I've been very happy with this one: http://adsl24.co.uk/ for the past couple of years. Unlike BT, the tech support is all UK, only one month contract, or 3 months for LLU (new packages available shortly) and a forum for general help. :D

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
V_R ... they are a we bit expensive, not to mention a set-up fee.

http://vivaciti.net/productlist.php?package=homemax

I pay £19.56 for BTs Option 3, my total bill for this month is £38.86 including line rental & phone calls ... I don't actually use the phone much.

as I now know for sure, there is a 100MB limit then you you are put on "reduced" speed ... please note, they are NOT restricting my download limit, just how fast I can do it. :rolleyes:

I have found out that if I continue to go over my 'limit' I will be charges per MB

:user:

muckshifter

Reaction score
oh, I say ... this is good

TC, I was surprised to know, my local exchange is now LLU ready, it wasn't a few months ago. :thumb:

I also like your ISPs term of the word 'unlimited' downloads ...

Monthly allowance
There is no monthly usage limit on these packages. All packages are unlimited. Unlimited usage 24/7/365 (no peak/off-peak, throttling or ALT)
:nod:

One thing I cannot find, is, availability in my area?

Still looking for availability, I is bloody dam interested. :D

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
muckshifter said:
V_R ... they are a we bit expensive, not to mention a set-up fee.

http://vivaciti.net/productlist.php?package=homemax

Set up fee? Only if you move to ADSL2+ but you'll get that everywhere IIRC :)

how much you use the? your a very heavy user i take it?

BTW viva dont cap in the off peak time, just like ADSL24's (They are the same broadband (Entanet) just from a different reseller) ;))

Taffycat

Crunchy Cat
Reaction score
muckshifter said:
TC, I was surprised to know, my local exchange is now LLU ready, it wasn't a few months ago. :thumb:

I also like your ISPs term of the word 'unlimited' downloads ...

:nod:

One thing I cannot find, is, availability in my area?

Still looking for availability, I is bloody dam interested. :D

At the bottom of the Home Page, you will see "Helpful Tools" and below that "Availability Checker" but here's a linky: http://adsl24.co.uk/checker/
Edit: and over on the right of the page I've linked to, you can also check LLU availability, ADSL2+ etc.

muckshifter

Reaction score
V_R, sorry, I was reading Migration Fee instead of Migration Free ... your lot still have a download/unlimited cap ... ;)

Swings-nd-roundabouts, innit ... still like the look of TCs lot, will have to buy a new modem though. :D

TC, thanks, I found it after I emailed them ... :lol:

muckshifter

Reaction score
Yeah, using them sort of ISP checks leads one to a false sense of what is actually available ...

The following services are available in your location:
BT Wholesale ADSL
BT Wholesale ADSL Max
BT Wholesale WBC (21CN)
BT Wholesale SDSL
O2 / Be LLU
TalkTalk (CPW) LLU
Sky Broadband / Easynet LLU
Tiscali LLU
Tiscali TV (via Tiscali LLU)
Orange LLU (Formerly Wanadoo)

... I think you see what I mean. ;)

I'll say it again ... I want unlimited to mean just that, with no slight-of-hand restrictions ... and so far, TC lot is a goer. :thumb:

I will, of course, wait until Monday and see what BT have to offer, it's still a dam good price for what I get.

Thanks for looking ...

Reaction score
Hi Folks,

I dont think it matters who ya get yer broadband from really....its the gits that monitor the usage that are at fault i'd say....i reckon they get all power- like and start bossing and pushing people about.
In my opinion( FWIW) "unlimited" should be just that.

Mucks, have you been back to BT to see what they have to say after their apology and the promise it was just a blanket message they sent ya??

Maybe you were due a change LOL

Zzzzz

muckshifter

Reaction score
BT don't work on the weekends Zed, not even in India ... well, not concerning my predicament ...

call 0800 707 6044, 8am-5pm, Monday-Friday
oh, and there is nobody at a desk monitoring your usage, it's done automatically. ;)

:D

Reaction score
muckshifter said:
BT don't work on the weekends Zed, not even in India ... well, not concerning my predicament ...

oh, and there is nobody at a desk monitoring your usage, it's done automatically. ;)

:D

Yeah man just one geezer watchin your individual usage LOL....i didnt think so. I thought that once you hit 100GB or whatever the limit is, there is some sort of notification sent somewhere....and then you get throttled, by the gits i mentioned earlier LOL

:rolleyes::D

Zzzzz

Ask a Question