Unlimited Broadband Offers

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
All may not be as it seems with Unlimited Broadband offers according to USwitch, as the terms and conditions of many broadband providers does contain clauses to restrict, suspend or terminate users consuming too much bandwidth.

Fair usage policies often don't specify the limits of the "unlimited packages", however it has been suggested that 40-60GB per month may place a user in the danger zone.

The moral of the story? Be sure to read the T&C's Fair Usage Policy if you are a heavy downloader.

Attachments

• Wireless.jpg
    Wireless.jpg
    4.7 KB · Views: 1,102

Me__2001

Internet Junkie
Reaction score
i had this problem with tiscali, if i downloaded something over 50MB after 6pm they'd send me an email telling me i should be doing it during off peak hours and if i continued they'd cut me off !

now with plusnet and they are a lot better

Reaction score
Try telling BigPond in Oz. I have an unlimited package for $80 a month. Its unlimited alright. But after 10 gigs. Yes 10 gigs(you read that right) It slows down. The slow downspeeds were ok compared to what i used to be used to in Thailand. But this month it seems worse than dial up. I'll be trying to get out of my contract once i find a better IP.

Rush

Cool Cruncher
Reaction score
My NTL has been as slow as a sloath with a broken leg lately....could be time for a change if it doesnt remedy itself soooooooooonnnnn

Taffycat

Crunchy Cat
Reaction score
We've been considering broadband for ages, so I've ploughed through acres of T&Cs on various websites, all of which I found to contain caps or fair-usage clauses of one kind or another. (There were also quite a lot of other unexpected clauses on certain sites, which didn't sound nearly so "friendly" as the blurb on their main pages.)

It would be handy if ISPs included some sort of "ready-reckoner" on their websites so that potential broadband customers - like myself - could get some idea about how to calculate average usage (for example, it's pretty obvious if you are downloading hefty games, but not so obvious if you want to listen to a few radio programmes - or that kind of thing.)

Someone has now started an on-line petition, http://petitions.pm.gov.uk/Unlimited-ADSL/ if anyone is interested?

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
I migrated from Nildram to Vivaciti (Entanet Reseller) on Wednesday, i have 30GB on peak and 300GB off peak, clearly stated in the package details. A one month contract, user control panel for keeping an eye on your usage, and only £20 a month too! :)

I cant recommend them enough, fantastic customer support too.

Reaction score
Ditto, both myself and V_R migrated to them, one on Tuesday, one on Wednesday.

All seems fine so far, few niggles for me, but that was my own fault.

Reaction score
I just want to say Tiscali are absolute pants. They claim that their BB is unlimited till you find yourself unable to use p2p at anything more than modem speeds. They are an embarassment to broadband. Tried them after being with NTL for a few years but quickly switched back.

NTL are fantastic for p2p, anyone who is in a cable area and doesn't plan on needing their customer service should try them!

Ask a Question