sof2, not for me?!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
oh'k so i rutted through my old games bag, and i found a burned copy of solder of fortune 2! (legal as it was a back up copy of mine...) I remember not being able to play it on my old computer as it couldnt handle it ect.. but now i decided to try it out, i poped in disk1 but allas no auto run so i "open" and go through set up that way and pop in my serial code and so on, it installs all well and good, it comes to the point of adding disk 2, so i put it in and again allas! it wont load! so i try set up but that doesnt work, i am franticly looking for the original game but i cant find cack! after all this time i still cant play this damn game!
(ok i understand that its a "gold" game but i dont want have to pay for the same game twice..)

Reaction score
Disc 2 will not work unless it has the same name as the real disc 2, usually something like "GEU7728" - Just an example, do NOT try it

Reaction score
po0 lol, I just called it sof2... is there no way of running the auto run using some sort of comand? :( :(

Alf

Yank Upstart
Reaction score
go to the start menu and look for "run", click that and type in "e:" to auto run it.

Alf

Yank Upstart
Reaction score
I want to know if it worked!

Reefsmoka

Cookie Monster
Reaction score
Reale said:
oh'k so i rutted through my old games bag, and i found a burned copy of solder of fortune 2! (legal as it was a back up copy of mine...)
How can it be legal if its burned?

You cant burn software for backup fullstop, theres nothing legal about it man.

It probably doesnt work because certain games have files that wont be copied over when your burning them to stop piracy.

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Reefsmoka said:
You cant burn software for backup fullstop, theres nothing legal about it man.
Well as it happens, I read an article in PC Zone Magazine about 3 years ago that said legally, if you own a PC Game, DVD Movie, audio CD etc., you are allowed to make a backup copy of it for your own use.

The article interpreted the law as meaning you can archive your legally owned material as insurance against it becoming damaged.

However, that was three years ago and I'm no legal expert.

As for the first post here, I wasn't born yesterday, if SOF2 was legally purchased, why isn't the original copy being used? Or why can't a backup copy be made from the original again, only renamed, if the user insists on using a backup copy.

I'm guessing that the original game, if ever there was one, has been sold on and if that is the case then ownership transferred to the new owner and the backup copy here becomes illegal.

Therefore we're talking warez.

And that, my friends, is not acceptable here. Eyes are watching and we could be shut down in an instant if we encouraged this subject.

So, please post warily, this thread is but an inch away from being closed.

Reefsmoka

Cookie Monster
Reaction score
floppybootstomp said:
As for the first post here, I wasn't born yesterday, if SOF2 was legally purchased, why isn't the original copy being used? Or why can't a backup copy be made from the original again, only renamed, if the user insists on using a backup copy.
My thoughts exacly, CLOSE THE POST!

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
Despite what Flopps may have read ... I'm afraid making a 'back-up' of any copywrite material IS illegal.

However, here in the UK we have gotten away with it as the authorities have turned a blind eye at making a copy, especially music, for your own personal listening. When it comes to games CDs then you are asking for trouble.

:rolleyes:

Reaction score
It's illegal unless the license states that backups may be made. So be careful.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ask a Question