Rage 2

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
A FPS with driving combat and stuff, it's out on May 14th - anybody up for it?

As ever in these times there's two versions 'Regular' and 'Deluxe' which roughly translates as 'Buy the cheapo version you cheapskate or get the complete game for which we are blatantly taking the **** with the price and showing our true colours as profiteering ********'.

That said, I'm probably going to buy this and it's a rare thing for me to pay full price for a game on day of release but this one looks to be a goodie.

The first Rage was very good, I played it through twice, so I'm hoping this one lives up to that same standard.

Cheapest/best deal I can find is from Green Man Gaming who'll flog you a Steam Key for £50 for the deluxe version and also give you a copy of the original Rage game if you pre-purchase. On Steam the prices are Regular - £40; Deluxe - £60.

I've already got the original in Steam so if I pre-purchase I'll have a copy to give away but I haven't quite made my mind up what I'm doing atm. I will say the extras you get with the so-called deluxe version do seem worth paying a bit more for.

Here's a link, you may need to give your DOB to view the content: Rage 2

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
I remember liking the original, but thought it was a little short. I think I'll also be getting this, but perhaps in a few months time when the price has dropped somewhat. Please do post your thoughts on it once you've given it a whirl :). The premise and story sound good, so I hope the open world environment is as fun as it should be.

Have you replayed the original recently to set the tone?

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Have you replayed the original recently to set the tone?

No, I've been playing Borderlands 1 enhanced lately, have just reached last level. Once I've finished that I may play the original Rage again, not sure.

Also not sure whether to buy now or wait for price reduction to buy Rage 2 but I definitely will buy it.

Atm the moment I have these in my sights, these are in a sale until May 13th: Asterix & Obelix XXL2 - £12.49; Far Lone Sails - £7.40 and recently reissued having been spruced up to suit modern machines are Diablo 1 - £7.49; Warcraft I & II bundle - £11.29 but I don't know if they're any good, I've been disappointed at times buying old games only to discover that by todays standards they're a bit rubbish and some have lost their magic.

Also considering Truberbrook and Return Of The Obra Dinn.

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
No, I've been playing Borderlands 1 enhanced lately, have just reached last level. Once I've finished that I may play the original Rage again, not sure.

I've still not got stuck in to replaying the remastered version... I need to do that asap! Let me know how Rage 2 goes when you do go for it :D.

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Shortly after the game was released Steam attracted a lot of negative reviews, not so much for the gameplay itself but for Bethesda withholding details of it's DRM arrangements and also the fact that the game includes microtransactions.

So I'm glad I hesitated. Looks as though it's one to buy when the price drops, if at all, which is somewhat disappointing.

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
I've just spoken about this in the BL3 thread but yes, I bought the standard version today for £13.19 so we'll finally see if it's any good or not.

Ask a Question