RAGE

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
This looks like it could be quite interesting....

Release Date - 7/10/2011

Official site: http://rage.com/gate/?return=/
Steam Page: http://store.steampowered.com/app/9200/
Wiki Page: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rage_(video_game)
Screenshots: http://www.eurogamer.net/gallery.php?game_id=8183&article_id=1384865

RAGE is a groundbreaking first-person shooter set in the not-too-distant future after an asteroid impacts Earth, leaving a ravaged world behind. You emerge into this vast wasteland to discover humanity working to rebuild itself against such forces as bandit gangs, mutants, and the Authority – an oppressive government regime that has a special interest in you in particular. Featuring intense first-person shooter action, breakneck vehicle combat, an expansive world to explore and jaw-dropping graphics powered by id’s revolutionary id Tech 5 technology, RAGE promises an experience like no other.

Fearing a planet-wide extinction from a massive asteroid headed towards Earth, world leaders are faced with the inexorable task of ensuring human survival. Left with few alternatives, life-sustaining pods filled with select people are buried deep beneath the earth’s surface. You are one of the chosen members of these modern day arks and abruptly enter the RAGE universe after surfacing alone. Leaving you to your own devices to stay alive in a world filled with those who prefer you dead, RAGE combines powerful storytelling with heart-pounding action.

2 Editions available, Standard, and "Anarchy" Edition...

hIyyi.jpg

Gameplay and behind the scenes vids:

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
That does look good, gotta say and it's made by iD Software and publsihed by Bethesda which instills some confidence.

For a horrible moment I thought it may have come from the same stable as Metro 2033 and STALKER in which case I'd have avoided like the plague.

Two months away, could be good, thanks for the links V_R.

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
RAGE system requirements

With under a month until launch, we’ve revealed the minimum and recommended system requirements for RAGE.

Minimum:

Processor: Intel Core 2 Duo or Equivalent AMD
Memory: 2GB
Hard Disk Space: 25GB
Video Card: GeForce 8800, Radeon HD 4200

Recommended:

Processor: Intel Core 2 Quad or Equivalent AMD
Memory: 4GB
Video Card: GeForce 9800 GTX, ATI Radeon HD 5550

As noted previously, RAGE will use Steamworks and features Steam Achievements, VOIP, and Friends support.

RAGE system requirements | Bethesda Blog

25GB!?!? :eek:

But recommended spec is 9800GTX, must be well optimised. :)

Reefsmoka

Cookie Monster
Reaction score
This is going to rip apart my computer on medium by the looks of it :blush:

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Your joking right? Did you see the sys requirements i posted above? :)

RAGE system requirements

With under a month until launch, we’ve revealed the minimum and recommended system requirements for RAGE.

Minimum:

Processor: Intel Core 2 Duo or Equivalent AMD
Memory: 2GB
Video Card: GeForce 8800, Radeon HD 4200

Recommended:

Processor: Intel Core 2 Quad or Equivalent AMD
Memory: 4GB
Video Card: GeForce 9800 GTX, ATI Radeon HD 5550

As noted previously, RAGE will use Steamworks and features Steam Achievements, VOIP, and Friends support.

RAGE system requirements | Bethesda Blog

25GB!?!? :eek:

But recommended spec is 9800GTX, must be well optimised. :)

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
October 7th release. Full price - 30 quid.

Just watched the trailer and it's a definite cross between Borderlands and Mad Max 2. Which is no bad thing :)

I wonder what the save system is? This is a big concern for me now and is definitely going to influence future purchases.

Talking of Mad Max, wonder why nobody's ever made a video game based on it? Seems like a natural to me. Well, Mad Max 2 is a natural, I thought movies 1 & 3 were definitely just so-so.

Reefsmoka

Cookie Monster
Reaction score
I dont really like to go by what recommended setup they say, its always an under estimate i've found.

Eg. Crysis:

OS - Windows XP / Vista
Processor - Intel Core 2 DUO @ 2.2GHz or AMD Athlon 64 X2 4400+
Memory - 2.0 GB RAM
GPU - NVIDIA GeForce 8800 GTS/640 or similar~

when we all know 2 gig of ram with a 8800GTS wouldnt be nice on medium let alone high!

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Yes, but on your rig it should be fine. :)