so called registry cleaners

Reaction score
everyone that i know that knows anything about computers- onthe subjext of registry cleaners etc., says they do much more harm than good

opinions please

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Myself and others on this forum swear by Ccleaner, It cleans out all the temp files and is a registry cleaner all in one.

It lets you do backups of the keys you remove, but i have never had to put anything back in the time i have been using it. :thumb:

EDIT: what feckit said!

Last edited:

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
There is no point in using a "registry" cleaner whatsoever ... ;)

Yes, some can be detrimental to your health, or more to the point, the health of your PC ... none, including CC will give you any "performance" enhancements unless you know of a website that can show me different, I'd like to see the figures.

However, CCleaner is a very nice little program that can help clear a lot of rubbish off your PC ... if it has a go at the registry at the same time, what the hell, go for it ... but because CC can clear other rubbish off your PC, that you will find difficult to even find, I for one, can highly recommend it. :)

XP is very good at looking after itself ... :thumb:

user.gif

Ask a Question