Single player

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
It occurred to me I have many unplayed games here, I haven't been gaming much lately apart from CoD 4 & 5 online.

So I got down and boogied with a few.

For the last 2 or 3 weeks played Halo 2. My kind of game, fps, was kinda upset when it finished.

Tonight spent about 2 hours on Batman: Arkham Asylum, very very enjoyable, different, but I do wonder whether it will get repetitive or not. We shall see.

Call Of Juarez Bound In Blood. Played this for about an hour, possibly best Cowboy game I've encountered (why aren't there more decent cowboy fps's, makes one wonder, it seems such a good medium to base a game on).

It's good, but scripted, as is Batman, I suppose.

Batman runs great at high res, fluid, quick, easy on the eye.

Call Of Juarez Bound in Blood I've been running at 1280 x 1024 and all settings high and it's not behaving 100% I have to say. Slight jerkiness and that thing where you're moving quick it's hard to track movement. Regular gamers will know what I mean. So I'll probably have to lower the res.

And lastly tonight I came back to Syberia 1 & 2. I played Syberia 1 to about 75% through a few years ago then dropped it. Tonight I came back to it and started again.

It's a point and click sortta rpg puzzle animated game. Very relaxing when you've had a few beers, lol. This time I'll finish it. And Syberia 2.

Would recommend Batman, despite being scripted, it's good fun :)

Abarbarian

Acruncher
Reaction score
Same here, got a lot of games in a pre xmas splurge.
Syberia 1 + 2 were amongst them and I thought it looked a good alternative to FPS's. Will get back to gaming next month probably.

nod.gif

Taffycat

Crunchy Cat
Reaction score
Did you give up on GW Flopps? (I know it's not single-player, but just being curious.) :)

crazylegs

Member Extraordinaire
Reaction score
Just had Halo 3 delivered from an ebayer yesterday £7.01 all in including the postage, in mint condition with the manual and a Halo 3 poster in the box aswell, this being for the XBox360
Will give it a try probably Sunday evening, looking forward to it..

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Abarbarian said:
Same here, got a lot of games in a pre xmas splurge.
Syberia 1 + 2 were amongst them and I thought it looked a good alternative to FPS's. Will get back to gaming next month probably.

nod.gif

Just a heads up.

Syberia crashed on me playing in Win 7.

It happened quite early on, in the village where you start the game, as you head over the bridge to go to the church.

I tried both XP & Win 98 game compatibility modes and also many different combinations of video settings. It just wouldn't have it.

So I saved my saved games, uninstalled from Win 7 and installed on Win XP machine where the Save Games were recognised ok and it's working flawlessly.

In fact I've just spent some time playing it and am just about to have the tugboat/barge Captain tow the clockwork train to the winder just out of the station that's a giant aviary for the University.

Of course you know what I'm talking about ;)

Ask a Question