"SetConfig Application" problem.

PVR

I receive a SetConfig Application box randomly during boot or during use. As
far as I can tell the machine works normally regardless of whether I receive
the box or not. I have sent this problem to MS as requested in the box. I
have two questions:

1). Is this a serious problem?

2). If the answer to 1). is "No" then how do I prevent this message box
appearing?

Peter.

PVR

The machine is a HP Pavilion/Athlon/XP. It is on a 3 PC home network via
wireless connection.

Peter.

I've read in a couple of places that it may be to do with printers and
printer drivers.
Particulary HP. I'm going to uninstall the printer from a problem PC when I
get back to work on monday ... fingers crossed it gets rid of the problem

PVR

Interesting. My PC is part of a home network but no printer is attached to
it. Four printers are attached to my home office PC (XP) and I use those for
my printing needs. I have not had any "Setconfig" problems with the office
PC.

After receiving your answer I tried the MS KnowledgeBase. No mention of
Setconfig. I tried the MS newsgroups without luck. I hit Google and received
three hits, all in a foreign language (Norwegian).

At the moment I am not aware that this situation is causing me any problem
other than irritation. If uninstalling your driver helps I would appreciate
an email.

Peter.