SetConfig Application error message after computer boots up

G

After my hp pavillion a410e home pc computer boots up using Windows XP Professional, an error message comes onto the screen saying exactly the following

SetConfig Applicatio

Set Config Application has encountered a problem and needs t
close. We are sorry for the inconvenience

If you were in the middle of something, the information you wer
working on might be lost

Please tell Microsoft about this problem
We have created an error report that you can send to us. We will trea
this report as confidential and anonymous

To see what data this error report contains, click her

Send Error Report Don't Sen

I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling my hp pavillion mx703 monitor driver and my hpLaserjet 1012 printer driver, since the error message seemed to start happening after I had hooked up these new hardware devices. Fortunately, the SetConfig Application error message does not prevent me from using my computer; I can use the internet and software programs on my computer, but the error message is annoying, so every time the message comes up I click on "Send Error Report"

How do I get rid of the annoying SetConfig Application error message after my computer boots up

G

I not sure how to solve the root of your problem, but it sounds like you may be looking for just a way to stop that error reporting screen. I wouldn't recommend it (nor would Microsoft), but you could always disable eror reportng to stop the that screen from coming up. Its under "properties" from "my computer" on the "advanced" tab.

Ask a Question