Scanner & Camera malfunction

G

Hi
for some reason my digital camera & scanner have stopped working. They are both connected by USB & were working perfectly until a few days ago. No new hardware has been connected & the only new software has been Windows security updates
Using Device Manager troubleshooter has proved that the USB root hubs are functioning correctly but, when connected, the camera is shown as an "Unknown Device" with no driver. The scanner software works normally but, when I attempt to preview images, the screen indicates that all is well but the scanner remains inactive
I have also noticed that on boot up the scanner no longer performs any activity like it normally does
Olympus UK have suggested that the driver "usbstor.sys" could be the problem

Could anyone please suggest an action plan to get the system working again. I have thought about reinstalling XP Home but I am not sure what I will lose if I do (updates etc. that I have downloaded since first installation)

thank
Colin

Ask a Question